Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can a GH Number be an MDN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2002
US
I need to represent a group number on a customer's 213 phone. That is, I need a button to light up when the group number is called (as opposed to her personal extention number). If I use KSMDI I get the response "MDN not DTS or ATS." What can I use to make this work?

Thank you!

Why do you want to be able to monitor a GH?
Just asking because maybe there is a way around what you are trying to achieve.

I dont think you will be able to Monitor a GH.

JD

Currently there are only two members of the group. She wants to be a "backup" to the group. So I would add her to the group and make it hunt sequentially, with her being the last one. So her phone probably won't ring too often, for the group. She would like a button to light up, but I suppose it doesn't absolutely have to.

Hello

No, it's not possible to make be a group hunt like a MDN.

But in your case it's maybe a solution although not the best, to put member 1 in the group hunt and for your "backup" you program a MDN on a key. The MDN number is the ext of member1. That meens that all calls will be arrived always to member 1 but the backup can also pick-up the phone when he want.

Furthermore, the backup must be program the bell himself on the 213 (Program - MDN - (1-6) - MDN - Program) Exemple:
With status 1; the phone will ringing immediately
status 2; after delay (3 rings)
.... and so on....

I don't know, if my response are a little bit usefull for your, but i hope so to give you some idea ?!

Good luck C Ya soon
goa999
Sonic.gif

and thx for all answers and sorry for my bad english ;-)

Another thing that you can do is cancel the Gh and program an ADN with its number on another telephone set that has nothing to do with the group (make it calalt 0 so it won't ring). Then make that number MNS on the extensions you want to pick up the lines. This way the line will ring on all the extensions and when one picks it up it will go on access 1 of that extension and the key will be free to get another call. You can even program the key on the backup set with calalt 2 so that it will ring after a few seconds or make the other sets mdn on that set so that it will know when they are busy.
NOTICE: if there are two simultaneous call one will get busy -but of course you can divert that call.

Thanks everybody, that gives me some more ideas to work with. Most appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back