Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can a DN be time-controlled and also have an XMWK? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cshbell

IS-IT--Management
May 28, 2008
US
I have a number 5555. It's a main business line -- very important DID. It also has an associated voicemail box of 5555.

I want 5555 to be able to go straight to CallPilot outside business hours (8a-5p) but to forward to another DN (a person's phone) inside business hours. Sounds like an ACD so far, right? But I can't use an ACD, because I also need an XMWK key on my M3904 for VM box 5555, and you can't have an XMWK key unless there's another key on the phone that has DN 5555. (I don't understand why.)

What are my options? How can I time-control a DN otherwise?

Route it in to your voice mail, create a service that uses time of day options to route it to the number you want

@trvlr1 -- I did that, but it doesn't fix the XMWK problem, as the only way I can get it into the voicemail is through a PHANTOM (with a DCFW) or an ACD (with an NCFW), and neither a PHANTOM nor an ACD can be a key on an M3904.

5555 DCFW to mail SDN table / voice app 5555

TOD controller

Day mode - route call to X-4444 on telephone also make mailbox 4444 and XMWK YYYY 4444 on telephone

Night mode - route call to mailbox 4444

Assuming that you are oK with voice application programming.

I think the root of my question goes back to a long-time question I have: Is the only way to forward from one DN to another:

1) An ACD with NCFW (usually set to MAXP 1)
2) A PHANTOM with DCFW
3) A 500 that you manually connect a phone to and press pound one + number

Is there any other way to forward from DN to another that I haven't listed above?

@pruden Yeah, I know that will do it, but we really wanted to keep the VM box as 5555 and not 4444 or some other number. But, if we can't have our cake and eat it too, then so be it.

Could you use the day and night IDC tables to route it?
(not sure if that falls into your time requirements)

here's the work around we use. put 5555 in your idc table.. change it to a non did 123456,, any vacant dn and it does not have to be 4 digits..

then maxp 1 123456 to mail, add the sdn in cp.. point that to your time of day/day of week/holiday schedule. use 5555 as a secondary dn..ie marp it on a phone that does not forward... add 5555, your schedule express mails to mb 5555.. lamp lights.. do add 123456 as a member of that box.. take the rest of the week off

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John Poole: BRILLIANT! Absolutely brilliant. Exactly what I was looking for. I had to learn about IDC tables to do this, but once I got that down, I set it up and it's working perfectly.

I had originally used bigindian65's suggestion (built a 500 set and hard-forwarded it to VM) but this still caused a problem where people couldn't transfer calls to that number -- CallPilot would say "Your session cannot be completed at this time. Please try again later." Because John's idea uses an ACD, there are no problems with this.

Again, John, I can't thank you enough. Great work.

I'm too old and lazy to type that much, let alone think it Poole...lol *

Mato' Was'aka

Just to clarify for those who might stumble on this thread later, here’s a slightly more written-out description of John Poole’s solution:

Assume that 5555 is the DID you’re working with, and that you have a corresponding CallPilot voicemail box of 5555.

First, create a new entry in your IDC tables in LD 49:

Code:
REQ   [b]chg[/b]
TYPE  [b]idc[/b]
CUST  [b][your customer number][/b]
DCNO  [b][the IDC table number][/b]
IDGT  [b]5555[/b]
5555  [b]6666[/b]
IDGT  [b][enter][/b]

You can see your existing IDC tables by doing a PRT IDC in LD 49; if this is your first IDC, the table number is 1.

The IDC table is essentially transposing the incoming DID 5555 into 6666, for the PBX’s purposes.

Next, create a new ACD in LD 23. This ACD will have the new, transposed DN of 6666:

Code:
REQ   [b]new[/b]
TYPE  [b]acd[/b]
CUST  [b][customer number][/b]
ACDN  [b]6666[/b]
MWC   [b][enter][/b]
DSAC  [b][enter][/b]
MAXP  [b]1[/b]
  [enter through until the NCFW prompt]
NCFW  [b][the CallPilot DN][/b]
  [enter through the rest]

Next, create a new application called JOHNPOOLE (obviously call it whatever your want) in CallPilot with Day and Time control blocks that match your business hours (or whatever). The inside of business hours branches should point to a Call Transfer block that dials the original DN, 5555. The outside of business hours branches can do whatever you need (in my case, an Express Voicemail block that connects into mailbox 5555).

Next, in CallPilot, create a new SDN (System -> Service Directory Number) of 6666 (not 5555 — very important, or you’ll create an infinite ringing loop).

Next, in CallPilot, add 6666 as an extension DN to your 5555 voicemail box.

Next, create a new 500 phone. Give this phone the original DN of 5555. This should probably HUNT and FDN to your voicemail, although it can behave however you want.

Finally, on your M3904 phones, add a KEY with an SCR key of the original DN 5555, and then add another key that is the XMWK key.

And here's how it behaves:
[ol]
[li]Caller dials your DID 800-555-5555.[/li]
[li]The switch sees a call coming in on 5555.[/li]
[li]The switch transposes this in the IDC table to 6666.[/li]
[li]The switch sees an ACD with 6666 and the call goes to ACD 6666.[/li]
[li]The ACD forwards (with NCFW) to CallPilot.[/li]
[li]CallPilot sees an SDN of 6666 that points to application JOHNPOOLE.[/li]
[li]Application JOHNPOOLE has day/time logic, and sees that the call in within the day/time, and follows the Call Transfer block, which dials DN 5555.[/li]
[li]DN 5555 is a 500 set that is also a key on your call center's M3904. Your receptionist or call center staff sees that the SCR KEY 5555 is ringing. They pick it up and answer, or if they don't, it goes to voicemail, which (since the call is coming from DN 5555) goes to voicemail box 5555.[/li]
[/ol]

Simple, right? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back