Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can a 500 set be IDU.... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

edcelori

Technical User
Jun 21, 2004
US
I am working with an 81c switch, I know how to IDU a 3904 set. Is there a way to see an analog 500 set?

i've you connect one side of the tn in series with any test set with a ringer and call the dn, if the test set rings, there is a phone on the far end.. slow process

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

sandyml is right, no way to IDU, but YOU can monitor (MIX) on a digital set.

I don't have notes right here, but if you SCR the analog # on a display phone you'll see when the 500 goes off hook OR when someone calls it. Of course this may take a while to see if the phones getting used, but its an option.

I think there's some cls stuff about privacy etc, but the sch should be pretty clear if it err's on ya.

this method will test if a modem or 500 set is connected. You can perform the test at the MDF or if you are a big place, rig an adapter to perform the test right on the shelf cable.

annimated immage follows - may expire
500TEST.gif

~

SWEET! I'm guessing your adapter still involves pulling one of the jumpers and running the meter inline?

yes that would, and it's also the reason that they seldom get checked.. i built a box with 16 neon lamps, used a male and female plug to place the tester in line with a single analog card, then dialed each on the 16 dn's (script), because the neon lamps were in series with the tip side of the line, we went through almost 100 analog cards in less then a week.. seems extreme but we got back 400 tn's and dn's..

this was on an install, replacing a switch and the customer didn't want to build those sets if they were dead in the wall.. we killed about 6 analog sets that did not have a ringer or auto answer...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

See thats the kind of results I'm looking for! 1/4 of my cards wouldn't surprise me either.

Ok, so I'm thinking the blinker solution would be preferrable, if you have a pic that would be great.

As for the script, I'm sure I can get Aspect to dial and disconnect after a second or two, but can you please explain the DN collection process.
Just a TN print for LL SS CC or is there some LD 81 that prints DN's only for a card?

Thanks.

i used a lst sets in 81, that gives you the dn of all the analogs as for the lamps, all i did was open one side of each of the 1st 16 pair and connect a lamp in series with it.. i started with a 25 pair male to female amp cable.. it works and is a lot quicker if your doing a complete switch.. the sets are down for just the time required to connect the two ends

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back