Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can 2 PRI's use one D-channel? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarm

Technical User
Nov 15, 2002
US
Hello all, I have an application where I'm going to be setting up 2 PRI's on one MICS. I was needing to know if it is possible to slave the second pri off of the same D-channel that the first PRI is using.

Also, I can use NON-XC software for this application correct? I have had some people say I would need XC.
One last, if this is possible, any idea where in programming to look for this option?

Thanks

nope need 1 d channel per pri ...can use with out xc software "4.1 or higher" and the pri is a keycode purchased from your nortel vendor

Pat Guido
NEXTIRAONE
Pat.guido@nextiraone.com

Formerly Nextira, formerly Williams Communications, formerly Wiltel, formerly Nortel networks, formerly Northern Telecom, formerly, Nynex meridian systems formerly Northern Telecom.

I hear conflicting answers to this one a lot.
Other furum groups claim 1 D channel will support 2 PRI on the Norstar just fine. I don't have the answer, but tend to believe you can, but why?????

MarvO said it

I was also told you must have 2 d channels for 2 PRI's.
Anyone?
Gabriel

As per Global Knowledge one D channel is required for each PRI span on Norstar and BCM.
I have also found this to be the case in the field.

The Meridian 1 product can support 16 PRI spans with a single D, and supports multiple backup D channels.

aragon is right ... bcm/ norstar are typically smaller than meridian1 ... and generally the customers get a PRI with a dedicated d channel for every span.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back