Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can 1 Teleworker support 2 3300 Controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyKelleher

Programmer
Feb 19, 2002
US
I see that multiple ICP's can be added to the teleworker.

What we need is for a remote user to have 2 phones. One currently works fine and is an extension in our office. We need the user to have a second phone connected to our teleworker but it needs to be an extension on a remote 3300. The 2 3300 controller's are not clustered and the remote office does not have a teleworker.

Will this work? or is there a better way?

The user needs to be part of an ACD Queue on the remote 3300.

Thanks in advance

As far as I know, ACD functionality is not supported over teleworker. If this is your primary purpose, I think your dead in the water.

You say the systems are not clustered. Are they connected in some other fashion? Networked? Tie Lines? XNET over PRI?

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Yes I should have stated that. The 2 controllers are connected together over a dedicated E1 circuit using IP trunks I think.

We currently have remote users participating in ACD using the teleworker but never as an extension on the remote controller.

Ok, Forget the ACD concern.

Next question is why does the TW Agent need to exist on the remote system.

As I see it:
Site A has TW Server and ACD Application
Site B has Local Sets only
User on Site B wants TW set that belongs to ACD App on site A

Your request suggests that the TW/ACD set needs to be registered against the site B system. WHY?

it seems to me that the site B user can have his Site B phone and a Site A, TW set with ACD.

Something is still missing.

Site A is the home office and has ACD queues, extensions, and remote teleworker extensions. Also the extensions for Site B are accessable and setup as remote extensions in Site A.

Site B has ACD Queus, and extensions. Site A phones are remote to Site B.

We need to add workers from Site A into an ACD queue on Site B. Currently we have done this in Site A by hard coding Site B's controller address into the IP phones to bypass DHCP and go over the dedicated link to make it work.

Issue is we have a remote worker (and possibly more) that needs to be in a Site B ACD Queue.

I though of a VPN or static map through the firewall to get remote user to Site B's controller but from what I read it is better to use a teleworker for remote phones.
We do not want to purchase a teleworker for Site B.

Yes, your Teleworker server can connect to multiple 3300s. Just remember to put the IP network subnet into the "local network" forms in the teleworker.

I can't think of a better way to do what you are describing.

With the controllers not being clustered, I don't think it is quite as simple as what Paterson suggests. Local networks is a necessary step but were not quite there yet.

The TW server is going to send the registration request to the Site A controller. If the site A controller has an entry for the site B extension in the remote directory form then the registration request will be forwarded to the Site B system. The TW server does not know or care where the registration goes. The Site B phone controller network needs to exist in the local networks tables of the TW server as Paterson suggested.

Without clustering, you may be able to accomplish your task by manually entering the site B extension in the remote directory form of site A. I can't say for sure, I've never tried.

kwbmitel

no what you's saying is not correct because when you put in the MAC address into the Teleworker server you select which ICP it will be conected too. So it will work like Paterson says

Also, ACD definately does work over Teleworker, it's one of the main selling points, works great!! It's a Mitel marketing tool in itself, they call it Remote Agents. Have you done much with teleworker???

There are many ways to skin a cat it appears. Yes I've worked with TW quite a bit. Mitel had pulled support to the ACD App around 3.0 and I don't remember seeing anything saying that they now support it. Admittedly, I don't have much time to read all the release notes.

Sometimes it just takes trying to see if it will work.

I know that Mobile Extension works the way you are discussing. I'll check it out next time I have a minute.

I have added site B to the teleworker and programmed an extension and it works like Paterson says. I will take the phone home and test it tonight just to make sure but I am 100% sure it was connecting to the outside interface of the Teleworker. My coworker hit a couple of keys on the phone to register the extension and it registered fine all on its own, I did not have to add the mac address into the Teleworker.

WillyKelleher

If you clustered the systems you could use the fairly new ACD Hot Desking feature which allows you to create a "Virtual Call centre" where the phones could be homed off of site B but the Agent ID;s would be programmed onto Site A

The phone on Site B is set as a ACD set, but when the user logs in with an Agent ID off of Site A, the phone in effect re-homes to Site A, so they can join the same agent groups etc

Worth a look at (this will also work over Teleworker)

I'm a bit confused with the above because the teleworker won't register the phone if the MAC address isn't in the Teleworker server. Did you manuallu input the teleworker IP address into the phone? If not sound like the phone is working over some sort of VPN NOT the Teleworker

One thing to remember too is that in the teleworker server the first added ICP will be the default system. This means if you take an unregistered IP phone and register it remotely via the phone using the Teleworker password, the Teleworker server will assign it to the default system. Much better to register the phone and assign to the desired system before sending out the phone. You do have the ability to change what system is the default ICP after multiple ICP have been added to the Teleworker server.

You better check it out, don't assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back