Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can 1 set be a member of 2 ACD groups? 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2006
US
With no Symposium...

We have 25 agents in one ACD group. Department wants to split off 6 of them be able to take calls for a new group but still be able to jump into the other group if demand warrants it. SO I reckon I'm asking if one TN can have more than one ACD group assigned to it - maybe with 2 agent IDs and the user just logs into one or the other.

Or is there another way? I can pretty comfortably say buying Symposium is out of the question but I don't know about Symp express? There might be enough other things it adds to justify it. Have no idea how much it costs but I heard 75 grand for Full Symp.

M1 61c (though I guess now it's a CS1000 since the sig server was added) Call Pilot 4.

Basically, they want those special 6 to be able to do both jobs while regular acd group just does its' thing.

not with out Symposium or MAX

You can though set these other agents as an overflow from the 1st que or then up in network ACD so they are routed to by time of day

SYMPOSIUM IS THE ONLY WAY, YOU COULD DO IT WITH MAX BUT THAT'S GONE

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

I though an agent could log into more than 1 ACD Queue, I seem to remember doing that many years ago, but we may of had MAX.

I know we don't have Max. Don't know about ACD D - wait, just looked and Opt. 50 ACD pkg D is enabled.

Multi Queue eh? Is this a relatively easy thing or do I need to get the vendor involved. I don't think we currently even have our agents logging in - they don't use an agent ID. All the phones are just set up in the queue and they are either open for calls, msb or nrd.

But I'm not against making them have their own ID's - actually been thinking about implementing it for a while now just on the principle that they will think we are watching if they know they have to login (so there will be less goofing off)...I'll go study some more in the NTP, ld 23...

LD 23 answer yes to MQA under the ADS datablock.

If ADS is not built yet, you'll have to create a new one, might have to set DCUS to 1 from LD 17 PARM datablock to allow ADS

There is a specific login procedure for MQL I don't
remember what it is, but if I remember right once
you login with it the first time the login procedure
after that is shorter because it remembers what Queues
you logged into(up to 3 I think) it's been a long time
since I had to deal with it.

Good luck.

With MQA, an agent can log into a max of 5 ACD DN's; the log in string is:

Agent ID#ACD DN 1#ACD DN 2# ACD DN 3#ACD DN 4#ACD DN 5##

The string does not have to be re-entered from previous log in. An agent can also specify supervisor ID's, if needed.

agt id # ACDN 1# Priority # acdn 2 # priority # finished two pounds ##

i thought you could put two incalls key on a phone? but it's been 20 years but i would try it

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

JOHN YOUR THINKING ROLM AGAIN, THEY COULD DO 2 ACD'S ON A PHONE

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back