Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can´t view WSDL files...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeSSeO

Programmer
Feb 18, 2002
ES
Hi there,

I´ve got a windows 2003 server where I can´t view/access my WSDL files.
What have I done??:
I´ve created my virtual directory (SOAPDIR), where I´ve got my web service coded in visual c++. In that directory (SOAPDIR) I´ve got my WSDL file for my web service, but when I try to access it, I get an http error 404: "can´t find file or directory". But, in the same directory I´ve got and index.html web page, to check if I can access that directory (SOAPDIR), and I CAN see that index.html. So in conclusion, what I can´t view/access are the WSDL files.
I´ve added the ".wsdl" file extension to the MIME type properties of the web site, but it still don´t work.

Any help could save my life...

Thanks in advance.
TeSS.

I got it.

The problem was that when you install IIS 6.0 on a windows 2003 server, all Web Services Extensions are forbidden. So all we have to do is to allow the extensions or, in my case, add the WSDL extension and allow access to it. You may have to give the path for the needed files to execute them, in my case:

"c:\programm files\common files\mssoap\binaries\SOAPIS30.dll"

But you can find more info about it at:

Thanks for the interest,
C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back