Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can´t send DTMF tones to an IVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

siki85

Technical User
Mar 17, 2009
PA
Hi !!

this is the scenario:
We have 5 PBX (HIPATH 2000 V2) connected through a Private Link of our Local Carrier. All of them arrive to our Central Office and there we have a HIPATH 3800.

Each PBX are in different cities and calls to PSTN travels to the central node (here we have 2 E1).

When users from remote PBX calls to a public number with an IVR, digit tones can´t send. The recording continuous without stopping.

can you tell me guys which parameter I missed ?? I know it has a relation with the DTMF tones but I can´t find it.

Any advice please...

Blessings...

Try to press # first, look for Auto DTMF in the flags it probably unticked.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Same thing....PBX doesn´t send these numbers.

Was the DTMF Automatic box ticked when you went in and looked, or did you have to tick it?? If you had to tick it, did you reset the switch after?? If not, try that. Because that is a system-wide parameter, and because some of these systems load their stuff into memory and run off that instead of running off any kind of disk, you may have to reset the system for the change to take effect.

I know I've had this problem with my paging system, but it was 10 years ago and I have long since forgotten what we had to do to fix it....

Hi guys,

Where can I find the richt parametr ?

I checked in flags an the DTMF Auto was ticked, I think it was as default.

Sorry I´m new in Siemens Hipath. I´m using the Hipath Manager V8 for the administration.

thanks for your help...

Sorry, i thing about hicom 300:)
I try tomorrow fing where is this option on the Hicom menager

What phones are you using?

openstage IP phones, need Version 6 DTMF flag ticked..

We are using OptiPoint 410 (Entry, Economy, Standard).

Is it possible that the type of trunk has something to do ?

I mention it because these calls are traveling through CorNet-NQ trunks (I mean they are traveling through the point-to-point link).

Users from Central Node (Hipath 3800) are using SO trunks and works fine (tones can be sent without problems.)

Probably u need to upgrade your hipath to an latest version.
I know that there is problem with sending dtmf tones beetween two hipath's in ip network as same as problems with MOH ( u wont hear music from another pbx :( ).

I've got the same problem with hipath 3000 v7, and it just dont work...

Try test it by making a call from one hipath to another and during connection press any key - if you dont hear anything thats the problem with DTMF...My advice - try upgrade...

Yess !!! that´s the problem !!
I tried everything, pressing # followed by the number, also pressing only the number and nothing happened....the same thing in both cases.

I think we´re using Hipath 3000 V 7 with Release 5.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back