Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can´t install because usb keyboard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpanic

Programmer
Jan 29, 2004
MX
hello, i can´t install open server 5.0.2 or 5.0.4, the machine is a dell optiplex gx280 with only usb ports for keyboard and mouse, i had made the precraid disk for the installation(because the SATA), in "boot:" i typed:
defbootstr link=precraid
after sizing memory, the keyboard is blocked, the installation continues, but when ask´s for the precraid disk and type enter or 'q' it can´t continue because the keyboard is blocked, any suggestions?

i have tried too adding "disable=uhci" to the boot string, but does not work.

neither of these versions have a clue what usb is.
also do not use anything before 5.0.6a on a P4 or Xeon processor.

well i installed openserver 5.0.2 on a dell optiplex 170 without any problems, is is a 2.0ghz p4 and it is working great, but that model have usb and normal connections for usb and mouse...shame on me...i can´t make this thing work...

does any body have made the installation from a serial console?, i think this can help to skip the problem.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back