Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls won't go to VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerz

IS-IT--Management
Aug 10, 2007
US
I set up call forwarding on my norstar handset so that after 4 rings it would redirect the call to our secretary (basically just fwd'd the call from my ext to hers). When I disabled this feature on my phone and set it back to the original config (just to ring to my phone then go to vm) I am receiving calls but the call won't ever go to VM. It just keeps ringing on my handset infinitely. Does anyone have any ideas on what I need to do to correct this? I'm unaware of the Software version that we are running (just assumed the network admin position) so if their's an easy way to find that out that would help as well.

thanks,

Press f985. The extension that shows there is the one you should forward your set to.

once you have the vm port you can enter it at, terminals & sets, capabilites, fwd no answer and enter the port number then the number of rings you want the vm to pick up.

You may want to check in VM to see if your box is still there. Was it outted when you transfered the calls to the secretary? If so when you rebuilt it did you initialize the box by recording your name and changing your password. Until that is done the box will not recieve messages.

F981 will get you into VM on your set. If the word LOG: appears on the display you have no VM on that DN. If it says PASSWORD: then try your password. IF it works then your box is enabled.

Thank you for the responses. When I hit f985 I was able to find my vm extension. I originally thought that the vm extension should have been the same as my line extension. When I changed fwd no answer to the extension found by f985 my vm worked again. Thank you very much for the support and advice! You may see more questions being asked by me as I am a beginner to this system.

thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back