Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls to Intercom

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbender77

MIS
Jun 4, 2007
US
I've got an issue with a phone going straight to the intercom. I have an NEC NEAX 2000 IVS2. The previous phone guy left some notes on what to do. It said to go to command 200, chose A1 and scroll down until you get to A163 (which is A2 in our case so I didn't have to scroll very far). I can't seem to do anything from there though. Anytime I try to do anything I get a Data Error or a Digit Error.

Get dial tone on the phone and dial *2. Then if you want to stop this from happening go back into CMD 200 and delete A2.

Get dial tone through the handset or the intercom?

The default is in the system and does not need to be programmed. Try it:
pickup the handset and dial 601 to toggle voice or tone. voice means straight to intercome and tone means to ring the phone.

If you look at command 200>60>A163 is there by default.

You have an IVS2 so it is not A163 (which is why you are getting the digit error) it is 200>60>A63 (drop the digit 1) or in your case, you want to use A2, 200>A2>A63

I tried the 601 toggle thing...nothing.

200>60 shows up as A086 (whatever that means), and when I try 200>A2>A63 I get Data Error.

Can you try it through the moc mode in Matworx and cut and paste exactly what you are entering. It does not make sense. Otherwise, you could try CCC i.e. clearing it out before you enter it.

I tried it through MatWorx first then went to the site and tried it from the phone. I also tried clearing 200>A2, but that didn't work either...Data Error. It makes no sense to me either.

Mextera is close

Press speaker *2 and 1.

you will see voice or tone toggle in the display.

you will also hear service set tone (confirmation tone).
Usually a couple of short bursts of dialtone.

Press speaker key again (red LED off) and then test your work. It sounds like your predecessor only gave you part of the instructions. IVS2 shares much of the command structure of IPS. 200> a2: a163 is correct for ivs2 as well as IPS. The IVS 2000 used only a63.

Grh959, it seems that rbender77 has not passed first base. I mean he has not even been able to program the feature code. Had he programmed the feature code, any third digit would give work as Mextra says "star works too!" You will never get data error if you have the correct feature access code. There are some other 08 commands that can cause a busy - and a related 205 command.

That is why I recommended that he copy and past into his reply his programming steps.

You are correct on the IVS2 remark it is A163. The IVS2000 is A63.

From the first post, it seems as though a2 (*2) is already programmed as a163.

From Business Feature and Specs:

1. Press the Speaker key.
2. Dial the Voice/Tone Programming access code and receive feature dial tone. The LCD will show the current
mode of the Multiline Terminal.
3. Dial any single digit (0-9). Voice mode is switched to Tone mode (or vice versa) and Service Set tone is
received.

I have always used 1 after the access code and trained end users with the very same procedure. If star works, great! It's a new one on me. It basically boils down to rbender going to the phone that is answering in voice mode and toggling it back to tone mode. I think you will agree with me that this feature cannot be toggled on or off in CAT / MOC mode, only the access code can be altered, added or deleted in CM 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back