Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls to Hunt Group never go to Voicemail -- always to AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

djbutler

IS-IT--Management
Dec 4, 2005
US
I have a two-building campus, IPO406 in one building, 412 in other building. Voicemail server is located with the 412.

Calls come in to auto attendant and get routed to any hunt group; the call times out at the hunt group (no matter what I do in the hunt group settings) and gets dumped back to the AA.

If I go into VM Pro and change the specific destination to one extension in the hunt group everything works OK (that is the call goes to that extension's voicemail). But whenever a hunt group is involved, the call never gets to voicemail, it always bounces back to the AA.

Sounds to me like the Hunt group is in night service. If you call the hunt group directly, will any of the members ring?

The groups are all "In Service" not Night Service

The phones ring as programmed in the hunt group, but no matter what I do to Allocated Answer Interval, Overflow Time, etc., the call will only ring the hunt group for about 10 seconds, then it goes back to the start of the attendant.

Under the Specific tab, set the Destination to the extension # assigned within the Hunt Group. Remember that the Hunt Group resides on a different IPO than where the calls are coming in (the PRI).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back