Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls to extension will not forward into CallPilot voice mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol1975

MIS
Mar 7, 2011
US
I have set up a new voice mailbox for a user, using the basic template that I have used for hundreds of other voice mailboxes inhouse.

It doesn't matter if the caller is external or internal. After 4 rings or if the line is busy or if the phone is forwarded to voice mail using the forward key, the caller gets a recording: "Your call cannot be completed at this time. Please try again later." Click.

The only thing I can see that might possibly be causing this error is that the extension number "5230" is the first of a new set of DID numbers that we have received from the local phone company. Calls come into the number just fine from outside. They just won't forward into voice mail. One of our local prefixes is "523"; however, the switch shouldn't be confused by the 523 because we have to dial "9" to get an outside line.

Where would I look to see if "5230" or "523" might possibly be in use as something internal to the switch, causing the confusion and the failure to transfer correctly?

I would appreciate any suggestions and wisdom. I have been doing adds/moves/changes for almost 20 years, and I have never come across this problem before. Nortel Meridian CS1000 and CallPilot version 04.04.04.30.

Also, I lost Verizon support about a year ago. I miss them greatly!

Thank you,

Carol

It wouldn't be that you have a conflict?

Look at the SDN table and see if you have something like your mailbox number, or something shorter....even a mailbox number conflicting.

Although probably wrong, 5555 by default is the broadcast box.... maybe something like that?

Although I had no recollection of creating a menu for the department in question, I really thought I had looked in the SDN table. Well, duh! There it was, gumming up the works. Deleted the entry and calls are forwarding to email normally.

Thank you for nudging me in the right direction!

:)

Carol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back