Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls ringing on two extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mateo77

MIS
Jun 10, 2000
AU
Heya all,

I've taken over a NEAX 7400 ICS and there's a problem with a few extensions that seems to be tied together.

When someone calls one extension, that extension and another rings. I'm told this is a feature of the PABX but no one seems to know how to un-couple them (and I can't find a manual for this thing anywhere).

Does anyone know how to turn this off? Or is there somewhere on the net where I can get a hold of the manual?

Thanks alot!
Matt.

If you are talking about a 2400 ICS, you probably have extensions that show up on more than one phone on the programmable D-term buttons (as line appearances). If you use MAT command AKYD, you can see what is programmed on the buttons of the phones in question. With this command you can set whethed the lines ring or just blink, and you can stop them from ringing where you don't want them to. I don't have manuals I can send you, but there is a fair amount of instruction on the MAT display to help you understand what is what, and there is a menu (depending on what version of the MAT software you have) that will help you find the commands that you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back