Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls-Queued Vector Step Difficulty 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realign

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2005
US
Site Info: G3SI V11 Intuity MAP5 CMS V6

Good Afternoon All. I have numerous call centers. One of which is completely reviewed for their Average Speed of Answer and % Answered Within Service Level. We recently implemented a couple of fail safes to help with these numbers. Call comes in, and if there are no agents available, it is routed out to another site. Once there, if no one is available, it routes back and looks at Split 1 a second time. This time it stays and if the calls queued are greater than 3, the call is transferred to the Answering Service. With this in place, it would seem, the numbers would be almost perfect. This however is not the case. They have gotten progressively worst. Has anyone built this type of configuration or has anyone experienced problems with the calls-queued or agent-available steps before? This setup appears to be missing something that is throwing these numbers off such as double counting, etc.

Below is the vector out:

01 goto vector 151 if holiday in table 1
02 goto vector 200 if time-of-day is all 18:00 to all 08:30
03 goto vector 200 if time-of-day is fri 17:00 to mon 08:30
04 goto step 30 if staffed-agents in split 4 > 0
05 collect 1 digits after announcement 4828
06 goto step 28 if digits = 1
07 goto step 8 if unconditionally
08 goto step 26 if available-agents in split 1 = 0
09 goto step 12 if unconditionally
12 queue-to split 1 pri h
13 wait-time 15 secs hearing music
14 announcement 4801
15 wait-time 25 secs hearing music
16 collect 1 digits after announcement 4849
17 goto step 24 if digits = 1
18 goto step 13 if unconditionally
19 stop
24 messaging split 32 for extension 3022
25 stop
26 goto vector 135 if unconditionally
27 stop
28 goto vector 255 if unconditionally
29 stop
30 disconnect after announcement 4807
31 stop

Below is the return vector:

01 goto vector 151 if holiday in table 1
02 goto vector 200 if time-of-day is all 18:00 to all 08:30
03 goto vector 200 if time-of-day is fri 17:00 to mon 08:30
04 announcement 4812
05 goto step 19 if calls-queued in split 1 pri h > 3
06 wait-time 0 secs hearing silence
07 queue-to split 1 pri h
08 wait-time 10 secs hearing music
09 announcement 4801
10 wait-time 20 secs hearing music
11 collect 1 digits after announcement 4849
12 goto step 15 if digits = 1
13 goto step 5 if unconditionally
14 stop
15 messaging split 32 for extension 3022
16 stop
17 goto step 8 if unconditionally
18 stop
19 goto vector 205 if unconditionally
20 stop

If you double Q the call you are doubling those numbers.
I am looking at it now

What you might want to do is have it check available or Q amount and decided if you want to Q it to the backup site. I would not recommend sending them back and forth you are creating more of a problem by double Qing them.

Maybe try in the first Vector

Replace 08 goto step 26 if available-agents in split 1 = 0

goto step 8 if calls-queued in split 1 pri h > 3 (m or h whatever you have it set at)

and remove all that from the return Vector.. If you Q the calls in 1 location keep them there or send them to the back up from the start.

Also use the ASA or DSA emulator to clean up the blank spaces sorry it looks like a mess.

Lisa

Thank you Lisa. I was curious about that. I have read various posts which say you can only queue it once so keep queuing as a pre-caution, then I have also seen the double queuing which you have just mentioned. Do you feel it would be wise to repeat further down the line such as at 13. That would stop the re-queuing correct? I also agree with you to send them off to the back-up site first. Why not see if they are available, then queue them in one spot. Now since that site isn’t really scrutinized, having them queue there then returning to the master site for official queuing (Beginning) shouldn’t pose these types of results correct?

You never keep queuing at a pre-caution you loop back to hold music the call remain in
Q while the music is playing Example -
queue-to split 1 pri h
13 wait-time 15 secs hearing music
14 announcement 4801
15 wait-time 25 secs hearing music
16 collect 1 digits after announcement 4849
17 goto step 24 if digits = 1
18 goto step 13 if unconditionally
19 stop

The call is still in Q. the whole time.
When you send it off site and back again it is hitting a different Vector at a different location than you had it returning to the main Vector for the main Q again… You are having 1 call show in the reports as 3 calls.

Keep it clean

Check if you want it to Q at the main location you can always adjust the goto step 19 if calls-queued in split 1 pri h > 3
Depending on how many calls are backed up increase or decrease this number Example if calls-queued in split 1 pri h > 10

Once you send it to the second location keep it their or send them to the answering service.Hope it helps..

Lisa, I completely agree. I had time to ponder it. I guess its just aggravating because anytime you return to the same queue, the call is counted again. So if queue to split 1, then exit the vector and come in through another vector and queue to split 1 again it counts again. I am taking your advise and going to design a “Keep it Clean” routing which will only queue it once at the primary location. As stated, the secondary location really doesn’t matter, and they should be strictly overflow anyways, as opposed to playing ping pong with it. Thank you for the tremendous help and great advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back