Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls on hold disappearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

almostretired

Vendor
Jan 20, 2004
My customer has a CICS running 4.2 s/w WI6.0. The trouble has occurred on at least 2 different sets calling different numbers. They establish the call then put it on hold to get information or whatever and the Flashing indicator is not operating when they return so they think the call has dropped. One of the users called their party again and was told she was still on hold listening to the music. Of course. I cannot duplicate the problem.
I did turn off Auto Set Relocation while there, it had been on.

Anyone encountered this or have any ideas? It's a new one to me. Don't they realize I'm too old for new ones!!

I would say reset the phones having the trouble (Unplug and plug the phones back in) and/or reboot the system.

If it wasn't for saying they indicate that their placing the calls on "Hold" I think their actually parking the calls.

Are they using CI cards? I've heard there were issues with them resetting. (and I've had that happen to one of my customers- CI card rev F) This was supposedly fixed in rev G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back