Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls Offered vs Calls Presented - Symposium Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhatche

Technical User
Oct 20, 2004
US
Does anyone know the difference between the Calls Offered field and the Calls Presented field in Symposium reports? I cannot find a definition for Calls Presented in the Data Dictionary NTP. The Calls Presented field shows up on the Agent Performance report. Thx.

bhatche

It's the same thing

If you look at the reports pdf agent performance report (for example), the 'summary statistics' field shows the report field as 'calls present'd', theview field/formula as 'CallsOffered'.

Similarly in application performance report, the two values are 'Offered' and 'CallsOffered' respectively

Hi,
- calls are "offered" to a cdn or an application (and so on ...) to be answered (generally ...)

- the calls are "presented" to an agent, which means that this call has been unqueued, and sent to a specific phone/position id. If the agent is on an automatic answer profile, a call presented = a call answered. If not, and if the agent does not answer, the call is queued back in the skillset; so it will be presented, but not answered (return to skillset).

Hope it will help

My first post here - Happy new year to everyone !

PG

Hello

Thanks Dancing Dave and PascalHL.

If what PascalHL is true then on the Agent Performance report, the quantity of the calls returned to queue from Time Out would be half of the difference between the calls presented vs the calls offered. Example:

Calls Presented: 146
Calls Offered: 136
Calls Returned to Queue From Time Out: 5

That would mean that these five calls that were presented to an agent but were returned to the queue due to time out would then be counted again (or twice) in the the Calls Presented total. Does this sound like a correct assumption?

I wonder if the same holds true for Return Calls to Queue (via manual agent interaction)...

Thanks!
B

bhatche

The calls presented on the Agent performace report should equal the Calls Answered, plus calls return to queue + Calls returned to queue due to timeout. The one possiblity the numbers don't match is if a caller/s abandon while ringing at the phone set.

This abandon is also tracked as an abandoned call in the Apllication report.

PLD

hello,

so far bhatche, i hope that i'm true :)
Seriously, a call can be offered more than a time to agents, so yes you may find it more than once in your Agent Perf. By the way, it's not very good for the Call Center, because that means that your Max Waiting Time is going up.
The function is quite simple : if the call is not answered during ringing time, the phoneset is disabled, and the call comes back in the queue at the exact place where it was before leaving the skillset.
The call is unqueued just before being presented. A good way to understand it precisely is to have a look to the Call by Call.

Good evening to all
PG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back