Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls not rolling to expected voicemail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

klmnop

MIS
May 4, 2006
US
We're running ASA 2.1, with Audix LX 1.1

I have two outlet store phones, which are not rolling to voicemail as expected. Instead, they roll to HQ.

Here's an excerpt from a trace:
dial 7307
redirect station 7307
coverage-path 3
active station 4983 (Audix port)
conf/tran hold station 7983
dial 5154 (xport, Attendant)
coverage-path 6 point 1 (attd)

I'd like the voicemail on both phones to be set to 7400. Note message lamps on phones are not displaying messages for 7400.

There is a virtual extension 7400 and an Audix subscriber of 7400. However, since there is no voicemail for the store phone extension, I believe this is why the call is rolling to the attendant.

How do I correct? Thanks!!

Extension: 7400 BCC: 0
Type: virtual Security Code: TN: 1
Coverage Path 1: 27 COR: 1
Name: Outlet Store Coverage Path 2: COS: 1
Map-to Station:

Personalized Ringing Pattern: 1

Store Phone #1: x7307

Extension: 7307 Lock Messages? n BCC: 0
Type: 6408D+ Security Code: TN: 1
Port: 001V208 Coverage Path 1: 3 COR: 41
Name: OutletStore1 Coverage Path 2: COS: 1
Hunt-to Station:

STATION OPTIONS
Loss Group: 2 Personalized Ringing Pattern: 2
Data Module? n Message Lamp Ext: 7400
Speakerphone: 2-way Mute Button Enabled? y
Display Language: english

Media Complex Ext:
IP SoftPhone? n
Remote Office Phone? n

Try using "change auto-attend-routing routing-table" in Audix. Put the extension(s) 7307 under Incoming Called Number, and then put 7400 under the Day and Night headers. I think in Audix you can also assign a "Secondary" extension, but that would only work for 1 phone.

Thanks gabber4858, that definitely cleaned up the routing.

The phone message lamp on 7307 is not lighting up when there is a message in 7400. Any thoughts on this one?

It's been awhile, but I want to say you will need to change the main extension to a diglo, or other model for it to work properly. First things first, try using clear amw audix 7400 in the PBX (and clear ALL messages out of the voice mail box), then send a test voice mail and see if it will light. Also verify the station is programmed properly to use Audix and not Spe. One way to know for sure is to add an auto-message wait indicator button on your phone and verify if you can see the new message. Audix will only send the signal once, so you have to clear the messages on Audix and create a new one each test. Another trick is to change the switch ID and then change it back to trick it to resend the signal. If those don't work, try switching the programming on the 7400 extension to a different model and delete and repeat the Audix steps to resend the MWI signal. Let me know either way :)

Thanks gabber4858,

I haven't completed testing on this yet/gotten it to work yet... but now have an additional question.

If station 7307 has a call on hold, and a second call comes to it, the call rolls to voicemail instead of ringing on the other open line.

Here is station 7307 setup. Coverpath 3 is voicemail. I have this on my extension and just tested; with first call on hold, second call definitely rings and appears. Thanks in advance.

STATION

Extension: 7307 Lock Messages? n BCC: 0
Type: 6408D+ Security Code: TN: 1
Port: 001V208 Coverage Path 1: 3 COR: 41
Name: OutletStore1 Coverage Path 2: COS: 1
Hunt-to Station:

STATION OPTIONS
Loss Group: 2 Personalized Ringing Pattern: 2
Data Module? n Message Lamp Ext: 7400
Speakerphone: 2-way Mute Button Enabled? y
Display Language: english

Media Complex Ext:
IP SoftPhone? n
Remote Office Phone? n

STATION
FEATURE OPTIONS
LWC Reception: audix Auto Select Any Idle Appearance? n
LWC Activation? y Coverage Msg Retrieval? y
LWC Log External Calls? n Auto Answer: none
CDR Privacy? n Data Restriction? n
Redirect Notification? y Idle Appearance Preference? n
Per Button Ring Control? n
Bridged Call Alerting? y Restrict Last Appearance? y
Active Station Ringing: single

H.320 Conversion? n Per Station CPN - Send Calling Number?
Service Link Mode: as-needed
Multimedia Mode: basic Audible Message Waiting? y
MWI Served User Type: Display Client Redirection? n
AUDIX Name: audix Select Last Used Appearance? n
Coverage After Forwarding? s
Automatic Moves: no Multimedia Early Answer? n
Direct IP-IP Audio Connections? y
Emergency Location Ext: 7307 IP Audio Hairpinning? y

STATION
SITE DATA
Room: Headset? n
Jack: Speaker? n
Cable: Mounting: d
Floor: Cord Length: 0
Building: Set Color:

ABBREVIATED DIALING
List1: personal 1 List2: List3: system

BUTTON ASSIGNMENTS
1: call-appr 5: call-disp
2: call-appr 6:
3: brdg-appr Btn:1 Ext:7304 7: dir-pkup
4: directory 8: release

Ok, no worries. Looks like it is the "Restrict Last Appearance? y" on page 2 of the station settings (6th down on the right). This basically allocates the "last call appearance" button to be dedicated as a transfer only line. Think of it as a dedicated outbound line. Because extension 7307 only has 2 call-appr buttons, the caller is only able to have 1 call, and the second appearance would only be used if the person needed to transferred (on hold doesn't count). You can either add another call-appr (and shift everything down) or change the "Restrict Last Appearance?" to "n".

If you set it to "n" and have a caller on hold, and another call comes in.....you will not be able to transfer either caller (one will need to hang up). Prob obvious, but want to make sure I was clear about that. :)

Thanks gabber4858! All my other phones are set up with three call-appr. I added the third call-appr and moved down the other buttons. I was not familiar with what 'Restrict Last Appearance' did, so your second post was very much appreciated. (Otherwise, I know I would have received a call about not being able to transfer, before long...).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back