Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

calls not following incoming route

Status
Not open for further replies.

somewacko2

Programmer
Sep 22, 2004
US
I just got a new 800 number and the calls are not following the call route I setup. These calls show up in the monitor as comming in on my local line and don't show the phone number for this new 800 number. Am I right to assume that this is a phone company problem, and not my issue.

If it is coming in on a POTS line then there will not be any digits from the phone company. They would just point it to whatever number you tell them. If it is over T1 or PRI then they will send you digits and you can use the incoming call routes to match it.

What phone number is your 800 number pointed to?

Its a PRI line, my 800 number is pointed to a local "717" number. Call Status shows my local "717" number as ringing in when the 800 number is dialed. I have two other 800 numbers as well, they do follow they behave the same way but do follow their call routes.

I can't see why this would not work?!?!

i have each 800 number routed to seperate did numbers. then route that did to a specific icr. i am not sure from your post if you have your 800 number routed to a unique did, so you can route it specifically to an icr. i

no it does not route to a unique DID, I have the 800 number routed down the same line as my other 800 numbers. What you are suggetioning may work for me though. Should this be nessesary though? Shouldn't I be able to seperate the calls based on this new 800 number itself.

make sure you know exactly what digits you are recieving from the providor. then match those digits in your incoming call route and make sure the destination and line group id are valid.

the digits recieved from the telco are matched to your icr. you need to find out what digits the telco is sending for calls to that 800 number. then create an icr for those digits in the ipo. if there is no icr for the specified digits, the call will follow the unspecified digits icr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back