Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls in Queue - Time doubled

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechieB

IS-IT--Management
Mar 13, 2002
US
I have a problem with the time being doubled for calls waiting in the queue. One second is being reported as 2 seconds, 4 seconds as 8 seconds . . . I had this problem a few years ago but do now remember where to go to fix it. Can anyone help with this? Why would the real time display show something other than real time info?

How is it you are determining the time in the reports is wrong?

The call center is small enough for me to see all of the operators. The wallboard shows a call in the queue as soon as it comes in. If you watch it for 2 minutes, it will say that it was in the queue for 4 minutes. The reports show that a call that was answered immediately was in the queue for 2 seconds.

Remember that a call is in queue the entire time the call is waiting as well as while the call is ringing on the agent's phone. A call is almost never answered immediately because there is ring time for the agent to actually hear and then answer the call.

TechieB,

Also, extra seconds are added if you have a VDN of Origin announcement.

Cheers
Langl3y

Thank you both for your remarks. All of this makes sense but there is still a problem. Perhaps there is no magic button to press to fix this. It looks like corruption to me but I am definitely not an expert in this arena. I'm going to call for support and hope that they can help.

Regards,
BH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back