Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls going to agent VM versus forcing agent to not ready 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

no-sme-here

Programmer
Aug 21, 2009
US
Placing calls to the skillset, if the agent does not pick up the call it continues to show "ringing in the reporting and the call after 6 rings rolls to the agent's mailbox instead of at 4 rings forcing the agent into a not ready state and routing back to the skill to the next available agent. I know how to find where it is 6 rings to voicemail when looking at the agents DN in the BCM but where do I look in the contact center properties to find how many rings before it forces the agent into not ready please?
BCM 450 release 6.0

Maybe the Transfer Callback timer is too long therefore change it to 4 maybe.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Transfer callback timeout is set to "after 6 rings" Where in the Call center parameters do I find the timer for when it is supposed to force the agent into not ready please?

Go to the call center skillset .
Set the parameter there.
Choose from the drop down menu..

Snowman you do not specify what to change in the skillset. What parameter are you referring to? There is no drop down menu for missed call option at that level. That does exist however at the agent level and they are all set to make not ready, return to skillset. Too strange.

Solution:
BCM feature setting Transfer Callback Timeout was set to "After 6 rings." Agent phones had voicemail and were set to 6 rings. All other sets had 4 rings. Changed the feature setting to "after 5 rings" and calls routed properly, forcing the agent into a "not ready" status and ringing to the next available agent.

Apologies ..I meant the the Agent ..

The option you mention is what I was referring to..
To much haste in my part.

Yes the transfer call timer does control the call centre agents.

At least you got it sorted now.

Thanks for the update..solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back