Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls go straight to voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmfrazz

Programmer
May 6, 2011
US
I have a Partner system that lost power for 2 days. We reprogrammed the AA and all the mailboxes. However, when you try to transfer to an extension from the AA, it never rings the phone. It just delivers it straight to voicemail. How can I fix this?

The only thing I can come up with is the mailboxes are set to "Without a phone", which causes the AA not to transfer to the extension, but go directly to the mailbox.

In Partner Messaging, it is called "Phone Status", in Partner Mail it is controlled by Class of Service

In Partner Voice Messaging and Partner Mail VS, it is not even an option, so that would not be it.

It is too bad you chose to "reprogrammed the AA and all the mailboxes", because those are on the hard drive of the voicemail, and did not disappear after the power failure.

Well, its a partner mail VS release 5. I've gone through pretty much all the programming codes and nothing changes. It seems like the call never leaves the vmail card once you dial an extension from the AA. Its getting very frustrating.

Are you sure your selector codes are set to "Direct Extension Transfer" and not "Mailbox Transfer"? From the AA menu, press 1 for Day, 6 to modify, enter a selector code (1-9), 9 to modify, then press 5 for Direct Extension Transfer, then *# to approve

Dan

The selector codes were the first thing I checked. They are all set to direct ext transfer. I'm at a loss!

There are multiple auto attendants in a VS-R5. Is it possible that the lines are assigned to a different AA, not the one that you have checked the selector codes on?

Do the calls go to the right mailbox, even through the phone is not ringing?

The VM ports are in group 7, the phones have #310 assigned, and #321 (or 117) is set to 3 rings?

The calls go straight to vmail box without ever ringing the phone. All lines are assigned. Vm ports are in 7 and rings set to 3. Is there a way to delete the other AA's to get this working?

Can't delete the other AA's, but in each AA, except for AA1, option 6 is Line Assignment. Any line NOT assigned to AA 2, 3, or 4 is automatically assigned to AA 1

Partner Mail VS R 5.0 16 with Partner ACS R6.0 B will have problems transferring from the AA to extensions that have DND turned on. If that's the case, you need to upgrade the Partner Mail to the latest revision. I believe it's R 5.0 21.

Dan

If it's not a huge location, I would just default the processor to erase any programming that might be causing the issue. Then reprogram #505 and test again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back