Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls go directly to AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

s80keys

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2008
US
Hi all. I'm working with a PACS R7.0 91E. Customer wishes to NOT use AA during the day unless call goes unanswered, so... I've programmed the VMS Hunt Delay to 2 rings in Night mode/6 day mode. Everything works as it should, except occasionally during day mode, random calls will go directly to the AA and never ring any extension at all. Several phones are set to immediate ring on all lines (and all lines are assigned to all extensions with no restrictions).

I've reset the system twice and double checked the programming for each line/extension. Any ideas of a setting I should check or why this might be happening? I'm prepared to reset the system to factory defaults and reprogram from scratch, but perhaps I've overlooked something.

How many lines, which voicemail? Do the random calls get answered by the AA or a mailbox? Always the same line, or random? Other calls in progress when it happens?

4 lines, PVM PC Card (large). It's definitely being answered by the AA message and not a mailbox. As for which line and other calls in progress, not sure since the callers don't always tell us the same day it happens. Occasionally the caller has remained on the line long enough for it to ring through to ext. 10, and in THOSE cases, no other calls have been in progress and therefore the call would "most likely" be on line 01. I'm hunting up the connections to print some logs - perhaps that would help narrow it down.

Have you made certain that only extensions 78 and 79 are assigned to Hunt Group 7 under #505?

Dan

Just double checked it now - only 78 and 79. I'm in the process of re-building a new config under PC Admin and will upload that to see if it helps. Much easier than via the phone!

The new config didn't solve the problem. Another call today went directly to AA without ever ringing elsewhere. Could it be a bad processor?

Going to try to pick up an adapter today to download it. Apparently I also have a bad Remote Access card.. as it would never connect. I'll post config as soon as I have it. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back