Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls from G350 to S8700 - one way audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoBAz

Technical User
Oct 24, 2002
US
I am having problems with calls that are coming in on a PRI-ISDN local t1 on a G350 Gateway.. the calls ring in fine, but once the call go into coverage ( audix ) on the S8700 the callers hear Audix answer .. the greeting plays, the caller leaves their message .. the called party gets the message notification "light" .. the go to listen to their voicemail and no message is there.. so it seems like I have a one way audio problem between the gateway...

The local t1 looks is solid and no problem..

the Gateway (G350) is connected via MPLS back to the S8700. Only 6 sometimes 7 people in the branch where the G350 is. The t1 is never fully utilized..

If I need to post the gateway setup I can ...

Any help would be appreciated.

BoBAz

BoBAz

8700/8500/8300/G350/Ip Office/SG203/SG5x//G3r/G3SI/Audix/ Manager/VMM/8500

at one time or another we've had problems with one way audio due to the following:
dodgy (ie broke) med-pro card
med-pro not in the right vlan
compression voice codecs used to get the call to Intuitiy VM cause mayhem (compression on compression)

I wonder if your users can administer their personal greetings on Audix, if they can then it might be that you can narrow the search a little and look at what is happening when callers are connected to the VM system.

Okay.. so I figured out what was wrong..

the IP route on the G350 had a bad 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 route..then once that fixed I had numerous issues with our faxes.. to fix that one.. I had to assign the primary sync source for the local T1....

The installation team did a poor job when this was put in..

I broke down and reset the unit to and reprogramed it all myself just to make sure it all worked..

BoBAZ

BoBAz

8700/8500/8300/G350/Ip Office/SG203/SG5x//G3r/G3SI/Audix/ Manager/VMM/8500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back