Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls Fail from avaya to nortel tie lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

omarrj

Technical User
Aug 28, 2002
CA
Hello,
Here is my situation, we moved 100 people from an avaya site to a nortel site. we installed 2 tie lines between avaya and nortel.From the avaya side we are routing the DID numbers (4digits)to Nortel. All works fine from various locations across the country,but if i call from the east coast office 91514734XXXX the call comes into avaya and is routed to the Nortel but the calls fails. I tried various npa's and they work fine except the 902 area code.
here is the trace from nortel dch monitor
DCH 13 UIPE_IMSG CC_SETUP_IND REF 00002693 TOD 12:01:20 CK E7603896
CALLED #:6660 NUM PLAN: UNKNOWN TON: UNKNOWN

DCH 13 UIPE_OMSG CC_PROCEED_REQ REF 0000A693 CH 56 1 TOD 12:01:20 CK E76038C2

DCH 13 UIPE_OMSG CC_ALERT_REQ REF 0000A693 CH 56 1 TOD 12:01:20 CK E76038D7
PROGRESS: INBAND INFO OR PATTERN IS AVAIL

DCH 13 UIPE_IMSG CC_DISC_IND REF 00002693 CH 56 1 TOD 12:01:20 CK E7603983
CAUSE: #100 - INVALID IE CONTENTS

DCH 13 UIPE_OMSG CC_RELEASE_REQ REF 0000A693 CH 56 1 TOD 12:01:20 CK E7603993

DCH 13 UIPE_IMSG CC_RELEASE_CONF REF 00002693 CH 56 1 TOD 12:01:20 CK E7603A
thx

all npa's work except 1.. the call hits the avaya, routes to the nortel.. should it reach a ext in the nortel? those tie's are auto yes? and the atdn is a station?

check the routing (ars) on the avaya side.. the inbound clid should not come into the equation on the nortel side..

you might change the trunks for tie to did.. i've seen that fix strange problems

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

The ties are setup as DID NI2. Only the one npa fails from this Carrier, I also tried it from an Avaya switch on the same carrier and it fails also

looked around in 90 at what is in SPN/NPA for 9xx?? maybe some deny's going on there??

Mato' Was'aka

IS the call coming to from the avaya, is it then going to the pstn? if so it is either going to a rlb with a higher frl then other calls.. if that is the case change the frl or change the ncos of the inbound trunk..

qsig is a better fit for that route if possible.. with qsig we get names display,msg lamps.. our auth codes on the 81 allow avaya users to use our box for ld if there ld route is down or busy.. since we duplicate auth codes between the two sites.. the same auth code works for all ld/international calls

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

The calls originate from a carrier called eastlink on the east coast, through the pstn to the avaya switch then routed across the ties to a Nortel phone where it fails. Before routing the calls to nortel it was fine on the avaya switch (same ext's)What makes this unique is it is only the 1 carrier. Also when routed from avaya it must be sending info on the information element that nortel does not like.
weird. As a work around I have sent all calls to the nortel via another pstn.
thx for your assistance. I would love to figure this one out.
A q931 trace would probably help

Thx all for your responses, I solved the problem

For those of you interested, when using ni2 DID t-1's as tie lines from avaya to nortel the avaya trunk group feature "Format" has to be unknown, the docs say use public

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back