Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls dropping -

Status
Not open for further replies.

beachbum5280

Technical User
Jul 27, 2006
US
I am hoping someone can help me out. TAC is taking forever to help figure it out. We have a problem with incoming calls from the pstn to anyone in the company in that the call connects but within 1-5 minutes, the call gets dropped. The caller hears dead air but never really receives the disconnect signal. The person on my end hears a fast busy signal and then the call drops. This is not consistant every time although if we try long enough, we can usually duplicate it on several numbers. It happens on DID and ICD extensions.

Anyone have any suggestions as what to look at in trying to solve this mystery? I have sent the log files to Cisco that they have requested, but they end up calling me back asking for the log files again. We have been working on this problem now for 4 days.

Thanks!

Have you debugged q931 and q921 on the router and see what you are getting when the call disconnects?
Can you isolate it to a specific PRI or site etc?
Local and Long distance?
What version ccm?
MGCP or h323? What IOS on the router?

Do all the calls drop at the same time or is it random?

If I were you I would escalate the TAC case as priority 2 (business affecting). That way you get the TAC engineer to stay on the line until it is resolved.

Let us know.

We are able to determine that it is only happening on a specific local PRI. We are running on version CCM 4.2 and using H323. I am not sure off hand what IOS is on the router.

We did experience some slowness on one of our gateways/router when connecting to it. We were running some debugs on it and it eventually crashed today. So we have since then rebooted it. It appears that it has fixed the problem for now. So far so good.

I'm thinking DSP or IOS bug!!!!

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Tek-TIP Member 19,650
[americanflag]

We are having similar problems on our ccm 4.13 es101

It happens about every week where I get complaints that " I can't answer the call" they go off hook or hit the answerkey and the call stays ringing on the display..
at that time there is slow dialtone ie lift handset or hit speaker key and you get nothing until about 4 sec you get a dialtone.. it happens on different switches and not to everybody.... it lasts a while and is over I have restarted the server during the problem and the problem is solved... I have a tac case open first they gave it to a router person after two weeks they gave it to the ipt people
because it happened to dn-dn calls any input would be appreciated... Now the VP's are asking what is being done....

if it's phone to phone it is not a DSP issue. Sounds like a phone load bug to me. Unless you are having serious QoS problems.

We rebooted our router and that fixed the problem with the calls dropping.

During a recent upgrade we experienced problems that would cause a 1-2 second delay in answering a call or picking the call up from being on hold or even hanging the call up. I am not sure if that is the same thing you are having Soleman52, but we found that we did not have the ip addresses of 2 servers in our hosts file. Once we added the ip address in, the delays went away.

Please let us know if the problem returns.... I say this because we had an issues with a router in the past and a reboot cured the problem for a week or so but would always return... Our solution was an IOS upgrade....

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Tek-TIP Member 19,650
[americanflag]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back