Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

calls dropping that were recevied from a hunt group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQR

Technical User
May 1, 2009
US
I have a call center that is experiencing dropped calls.
It's pretty basic.
A customer calls a VDN.
The VDN points to a vector.
The vector has some options.
The calls end up going to a hunt group.
The call center persons log in and out of the hunt group.
If someone is logged in and available their phone rings and they take the call.
The problem occurs at that step.
Say I am one of the call center persons talking to someone named Joe.
All of a sudden Joes' call drops or disappears and I realize I am talking to someone else that was in waiting in the que.
The hospital I work at has several call centers and this does not happen to all of the call centers.
I have called AVAYA and they couldn't help. I think it is something in the hunt group.
Wondering if any body has had or heard of this problem.

I think you're describing the difference between auto-in and manual-in.

Auto-in makes you always available after a call ends unless you press "after call-work", and manual-in always forces you to an after-call state, not ready to take new calls unless you press manual in again.

Page 46:

No they all log in the same way. They have log-in, aux-work, auto-in, and log-out buttons on their phone.
They press log-in.
The button with aux-work lights up.
They press the auto-in button when they are ready to take calls.
They press the log-out button at the end of the day.
The call drops when they are on a call they received from the hunt group.
They are talking to a customer and then all of a sudden the call center person realizes that person is no longer there it is another caller that was in the hunt group.

Right. That pretty much sounds like what would happen if the first call disconnected. I think you're trying to troubleshoot why those calls are dropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back