Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls Dropping Across the Stack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midstream

Programmer
Jan 15, 2004
US
S8300 w/3 G700's in a stack, running CM3.1.2

Call comes in on the DS-1 in MG1, is answered by a receptionist on MG2, then transfered to a party on MG3. Half of the calls that are handled in this manner drop, or have no audio.

Where do I look for my problem, please?

rockspop,

try tracing these calls and look for trouble signs: denial events, no bandwitdh errors and so on.

p.s. truth to say i think that's a bug. we have the same with several customers running cm 3.1.1. i had hoped it was fixed in 3.1.2... *sigh*

Hi,

I've seen this happen a few times when you get one way transmission and dropped calls. The cause (at least when I've experienced it) is that their is no voice path back to the originator.

Try checking the default gateways in all of the gateways in the stack.

Hope this helps.

C

I've got the carrier logging the ISDN message sets going back and forth. The carrier is now throwing out the possibility that the rtp stream is getting cut off and we're stuck with one-way audio and not really getting dropped.

In the meantime I am checking the IP routes, but am somewhat challenged by static routes and such. Need to enlist the help of some others.

It never happens on outgoing calls and it never happens with on-net calls.

Bump...

If we conference, instead of transfer, the call works. Transfer results in no audio, but call stays up.

rockspop,

we had a problem like this, it was cured by applying patch 12410. request it from technical support.

Thanks dwalin!

I'll give the TSO a call and check into this. I'll post my progress.

We had a similar problem between S8300 & G700. It was Milan/Rome and Avaya Tier 4 had a patch written for the problem. Get their attention early, it takes a while for them to determine the true issue.

They emailed the patch to me and I'm loading the patch tomorrow night after hours. I'll let you know Thursday morning how it went.

Hi guys. I'm new here and actually I'm dealing with this issue right now. I have the issue between an S8720 and three G700's. We may apply the patch, but support wants to see if they can fix it another way.

rockspop, did that patch work for you also ?

YES!!!

Sorry, I've been out celebrating and didn't have time to reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back