Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls disconnecting and going to abandoned on acd queue 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

welshwing77

Technical User
Nov 17, 2005
GB
hi
on our new telephony system (s8500 with 2xG650's),
ive recently been experiencing a problem where an inbound call to an ACD queue will get connected to an agent but then as soon as the "hello's" are over the call gets disconnected and the call goes into the abandoned queue.

The only change that ive recently implemented are that i created 2 new queues and have assigned specific skills to agents,whereas before we only had one queue with one skill for all agents.

This is a new system and i have only had basic admin training so im totally stumped!
has anybody experienced this with their systems?
BTW we only have bcms for reporting and that doesnt show much.....[mad]

I am confused here: you say that the call is connected to an agent, but you also say that there is an abandoned call..

Abandoned calls are calls that were hung up by the caller while still in queue. As soon as a call is answered by an agent, the call is out of the queue and this can not be a abandoned call at that point anymore.

That is where the problem lies!!
We have wallboards in our call centre hooked up to bcms,
the call comes through to an agent, they answer, the line gets disconnected and the call goes to abandoned on the wallboard!
It doesnt happen all the time but reports from the agents suggest its more than once or twice a day.

I dont really know where to start looking [ponder]

sorry i should also add that the call isnt being disconnected by the agents or the caller but by the system itself.....

welshwing77,

try to catch such a call with list trace and see what's happening. also use disp events and look for denial events.

Hi dwalin

thx for the staring point, ive not use disp event before,
but have just tried it and searched for the last 2 days but no events were reported.
gonna monitor the vectors this morning and see what happens.
cheers

welshwing77,

use list trace vector as well. it's more difficult but if dropped calls are happening often enough you'll catch one sooner or later.

How often does this occur? Couldn't it be just a coincidence? Agent receives the call, practical joker hangs up, agent looks at wllboard for queue status and sees one call added to the abandoned counter, but in the mean time some one else who was in queue in fact did hang up at that moment...

Other thing that comes to mind: are you sure that what is displayed in the abandoned field actually is the amount of abandoned calls?

Do you see the same while using you CMS Supervisor tool?

Does the abandoned call time equal the ACD talktime for that call?

How do you know for sure that the caller didn't hung up, but the system did?

I just can't imagine that CMS counts an answered call as abandoned....

apparently we've had 2 this morning, coincidence, maybe, but im putting on my poirot hat on and im gonna sit with the users to see for myself.
Unfortunately, we have bCMS not CMS (b for basic...)which has no options whatsoever and only keep half an hours worth of data which doesnt help!
ive been told from above that CMS is a bit on the expensive side and we wont be getting it that soon!

As the is a new system have they set up your vdn or hunt groups with ronas (return on no answer) you will find this in the vdn and hunt group forms.

If the definity does not hear what it wants it returns call to VDN and registers an abandoned.

This might help

I think ive found it!
Thanks for your help guys,
in the end it was an option in the sys-param features called bcms-abandoned call timer.
This was set to 10 in my system so any call that was answered and lasted less than 10 secs was still recorded as abandoned.

[thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back