Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls coming in on line 1 trnsferred no greeting 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

loydnomsg

Technical User
May 11, 2005
CA
Any suggestions.

Before we can offer help, can you post what type of telephone system is being used? (for example a Partner ACS R6.0 with (2) 308 modules and a Partner Mail VS....etc and how it's configured).

That way we can offer help & suggestions [smile]

I am relatively new working with AVAYA partner...have a situation with a system with Processr 4.0 upgraded to 6.0, VM 5, two 308's.

Are the calls in question being transfered by a person or the vsr5?

When you say "no greeting" What does that mean? The voicemail lady saying that voicemail blah blah blah????

No the only thing I get is "this call is being transferred"...and then rings at extension 10

Do you think making sure that ext 78 & 79 are assigned would do it?

I think the problem being reported is that incoming callers are hearing "Your call is being transferred" and then being sent right to ext 10 as opposed to hearing a typical auto attendant recording, being asked to make a selection.....etc.

Double check which ports are assigned to group #7. Remove any ports in group #7 that don't belong there.

(Look back at one of the earlier posts for the link to Avaya's website where you can find the programming guide for the Partner Mail VS R5.0).

Also, look at option #206 to make sure all active telephone lines are listed.

Let us know what you find.

Oh, remember, with the Partner Mail VS in slot #4, you would assign ports 36-39 (4 port PC card) or ports 38 & 39 (2 port PC card) to group #7. No other extensions should be in that group. [smile]

Reprogrammed the HG 7 assigned the ports 26-31. it's a 6 port card

I also did the #206, confirmed the active lines
Working now

But now I get a beep at ext 10 everytime a call comes in.

Also, trying to chance the Answer call operator back to 10 from 19 went in to" 777-9-3 and set it again ..it says 10 is the operator but push "0" and it rings at 19

Just guessing on this one, but could it be possible that the cables for extensions 10 & 19 are switched at the ACS? (Just a guess [ponder])

The beep could also be that Ext. 10 is forwarded to another extension. It will beep each time that it receives a call that is being forwarded.

Feature-11-10-10

TTT's suggestion may very well explain why calls destined for extension 10 are ringing in on extension 19. [idea]

I am having the same problem with a 2 slot carrier and I am unable to resolve the issue. How did you solve this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back