Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls come in and autodial out ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachelle

Technical User
Jul 30, 2003
US
Was talking to a friend and he had the strangest issue. A customer's site seems to have been hacked but, how? They have a key system. Analog trunks. 10 phone lines. A call will come in from the outside world and you will see it flashing on a set. Then, another line will pick-up and that first call is going out to another number. In the first instance of this, many $$$ were charged for international calls (all to same country). In the second instance of this, calls out were going to actual client numbers. No one could tell him what the clients heard when they answered the phone.

How would you find out how they are exploiting this site? This is a puzzler!!!

rlc

no matter where you go, there you are.

turn off disa on that switch.. chg all sets to cfxd.. and set your cfd x to less then 16 digits (6 works here)

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I will pass on your recommendation and have them verify what settings they already have. Thanks for the brainstorm.

rlc

Key System with 10 lines - that doesn't give us a lot to go by. Do we know what kind of system your friend has? Based on your description, we are certain they have a phone system :)

I suspect Call Forward, rather than DISA

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

It is a Norstar and they could not tell me the release.

rlc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back