Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls between groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPMcMurphy

Vendor
Aug 15, 2007
US
I installed an additional PRI into an 81C, in CPU 1, group 0. If I make a call off of a set in group 0, the call will go out that PRI, if I make a call off of a set in group 1, it will totally skip that loop and go out a pri in its own group? Is it supposed to work that way?

Not that I have ever heard.

Please post more info:
set TN from group 0
set TN from group 1
TN from PRI in group 0
TN from PRI in group 1
RDB(s) involved

That's the way it works with PRI's in different groups.
The switch will always choose a PRI trunk in it's own group if one is available. I believe it still uses the SRCH option of RRB or LIN but it still starts with trunks in the same network group as the originator.

nortel enginneers still use code to keep it in its own network group if available. this reduces the time slots and registers associated with call thus reducing blockage
was a big issue prior to fiber backbone but not really needed anymore

That totally clears up the situation. I was unsure if the PBX was actually intelligent enough to perform the function. It makes total sense, however I had never been faced with that situation. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back