Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

calls are abnormally terminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico1870

Technical User
Sep 26, 2008
Hi all,

We have a 406 4.2, we are facing an abnormal termination of the calls randomly. It appears sometimes once or twice per hour and somtimes not. We were obliged to downgrade to 3.2 in order to fix it. Any idea?

Thanks

thanks for your reply. In 3.2 we don't have this problem. We have it in 4.1 and 4.2 and on different sites. On analog and digital phones.

have you been running traces to capture what is happening?

what lines do you have?

analog lines. the traces have been sent to Avaya. No response till today

Are you using internal twinning?

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
Convergence+

I would re-check that all modules are also running the latest software versions on them to match the 4.0 versions. I am having the same issue and once I upgraded the mods to the latest and greatest the problem has since gone away. You may want to also see if the phones have downloaded the latest firmware version for that release.

prflash

thanks all but i have this problem with IP Small office, so it is not a module software level. I am not using internal twinning but i have some line appearance programmed. The telephone sets are running the latest firmware and i faced this problem with analog extension also.

Is this system rebooting or is it the calls themselves that are terminating?

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
Convergence+

The system is not rebooting, the calls are terminating

hi there,

You'll need to determine exactly where the fault is. Is the line provider (eg BT) or is the phone system. I would run a monitor trace and if the calls get cut off, ask the user to dial a marker code (eg 555)

From your description "The system is not rebooting, the calls are terminating " My experience is telling me to call the line provider, sounds like it's lossing sync. You could confirm this in the monitor trace. Search for Cause=XX. Note this is the ISDN cause codes. You will find the full list on google.

BTW, BT always says no fault found in their first line fault testing.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back