Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls answered and held on one set and picked up on another

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFATDTech

IS-IT--Management
Nov 21, 2013
CA
I'm more of a Mitel guy and have installed and suppored SX2000 systems for a while. Currently I have both SX2000 and Option 11's to support. I've been stumped on something that is really simple in the Mitel world but not working for me on the Nortel.

I have a two clients that cover for one another. I have programmed call appearances on both sets (SCR and MCR), which is fine. Client A has two DNs on his phone 2345 and 2346. Those DNs have been added to the key programming of the telephone of Client B. If client B answers a call from DN 2345 or 2346 and puts it on hold, client A on the other set cannot pickup that call.

Is there any easy/quick way to setup so that a call on a DN that is put on hold can be easily picked up on another set? I've looked at some options but the only thing close to that seems to be Call Park. I tried using MultiCallRing on the DNs but that doesn't work. Transfer of calls is not what we are trying to accomplish either.

There is probably something simple that I am missing but I've gone through all the options in the nortel books for LD 11 and can't find a feature that would allow this.

Thanks in advance.

You might have EXHA in the CLS. That's Exclusive Hold Allowed. Try changing to EXHD.

You will need to use SCR if you want to access a call that's on hold from another set. MCR lines will not be available on the other sets after they have been answered. The other MCR appearances become idle to receive new calls to the same DN.

That worked! It was marked as XHA in the CLS for both sets and after marking XHD I was able to retrieve the held calls.

I didn't even think about using exclusive hold.

I owe you a beer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back