Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CALLPILOT100 .vbk audio format

Status
Not open for further replies.

sroggero

Technical User
Sep 2, 2007
CA
Need few hints!

We are trying to import a voice file recorded using the Nortel Callpilot audio player utility and it keeps saying "invalid voice file format" during the import.

I even created a .wav file 16bit mono 8hz and converted to .vbk and it keeps failing.

We have the entire voicemail messages and CCR recorded on CD and no way to import the files, please somebody help!!!

you don't import .vbk files, you import .wav files

wav files doesn't work either...

it says; Cannot import .wav file. Use Callpilot player to convert the .wav to.vbk and try importing.

That's what I did try and it didn't work...

Did you find a resolution to this problem? I have the same issue and I have been beating my head agaist it for many days now.

Thanks for the help in advance!

check the Norstar Forum for CP100/150

You may use the CP Player to save as .vbk - then try importing
(What version of CP100/150 is it - exporting was there always, importing i think started in 2.1)

I have been using CP player to conver to .vbk. I think I have tried every version of the player that is out there and they all have the same results, "Invalid voice file format". The wav files that I am converting are in the correct format, Mono, 8K, and 16 bit.

I have CP150 so I am unable to upload the files as .wav.

Any help would be greatly apprecaited! I have searched the Nortel forums and found no help.

Thanks!!

**************HERE IS THE RESOLUTION****************

I found the answer on the NORTEL website on their release notes;

All VBK files must be created using the CALL Pilot Audio PLayer 2.50.06.27.

The version provided on all 3.0 and 3.1 CDs is 2.50.06.17 and this version is incompatible with its software release...this is weird but true.

In addition, IF INSTALLED ALONE...IT WON'T WORK. You must install at least one of the application that comes with it like the Outlook applet.

Then it should work fine, I made it for all my last installations.

Thanks for the help! As it turned out my version of Desktop player was not changing the sizes of the converted files. Even after trying the suggested versions it still did not work correctly. Eventually I contacted the tech who performend this before and he was able to do it using the same version of software that I was using.

My best guess is that somewhere along the line a windows update broke the desktop player's ability to covert .wav to vbk properly.

Thanks again for the help.

i have this same problem, and i made sure that i have the correct .wav properties before i tried to convert it with call pilot player, however i cant confirm the version of my call pilot player. i made this .wave file and exported it from a bcm 400, then im trying to import the .vbk version of it to a callpilot 150 we have at another site. im just trying to change the company greeting remotely. i remoted into the server over there and logged in to the call pilot, and tried to import the .vbk file that i made, but just as it starts to import, it gives the "invalid voice file format". other than using an incompatible version of callpilot player, i dont know what else it wants.

I'm having a similar issue.... but this may be a stupid question. We have a Call Pilot 100 but there is no button to download the Call Pilot Player (I think it's an older version). As well it didn't come with a CD like I've heard it should have. I called our supplier and they said they have never gotten CDs with the call pilots.

Is there anywhere else I can get the Call Pilot Player from?

Thanks.

It's downloadable off the Home sreen of any large Call Pilot. Mine is 4.0.04.

That's what I thought too. I have release 3 and there's no link on the home page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back