Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot, Windows 7 and Outlook 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EduardoYus

IS-IT--Management
Oct 11, 2005
US
Hello,

I transitioned my Computer from XP to Windows 7 with Outlook Professional 2010 and it appears that I need to get the latest version of CallPilot, since the one I have does not work properly (CP50Desktop05004199full.exe). I have a BCM200 running Release 3.6 build 3.1a.

We have a support contract with a provider, but when I contacted them about this they sent me a quote for upgrading the BCM to 6.0. I guess I do not understand why that is necessary since the issue I have is really the Client not being Win7/outlook 2010 compatible.

Is there a way to install the client I have (compatibility mode or such) to work with my environment ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Eduardo

They sent you a quote for an upgrade because your system is End Of Life, so nothing will be produced for that particular BCM release as far as compatibility with Win 7 or Outlook 2010.

Not to worry ...
Try this instead:
Note: CallPilot v4 or v5 Desktop Messaging client does NOT need to be installed; regardless, if you attempt this you'll receive the error "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client." which you can safely ignore; Outlook likely IS set as the default mail client already. I uninstalled mine completely.

Open Outlook and select File>Account Settings (or access the Outlook Mail Profiles via the Control Panel>User Accounts>Mail or change the Control Panel "View by:" option to "Large icons" or "Small icons" and select "Mail")

Within the "E-mail" tab, click "New", select "Manually configure server settings or additional server types", click 'Next"

In the "Add New Account">"Choose Service" window, select "Internet E-mail"; click "Next"

In the "Add New Account">"Internet E-mail Settings" window, Enter "Your Name:", an "E-mail Address" in a valid format, change the "Account Type:" to "IMAP", enter your Callpilot IP or DNS address in the "Incoming mail server", enter your organizations' existing SMTP server's IP/DNS address in the "Outgoing mail server (SMTP):" block; enter your voice-mail box extension in "User Name:" (e.g. 101) and your voice-mail box password under "Password:" (e.g. 1111); leave the "Require logon using SPA" box unchecked

Click "Next" to test the settings; or click "More Settings" to make some refinements, primarily which would be under the "General" tab on the "Mail Account" block; change the name here to better title the resulting .pst file that will be created.

After this, you're done and pretty much back to what you had under Outlook 2007 and before.

HTH!

-SD-

Great, thanks so much for the fantastic reply !!!
I try that to access the VoiceMail Box.

How about the "Nortel Fax" printer driver for the fax out functionality ?
And the "Mailbox Manager" program ?
Any way to get those back ?

OK, I tried adding the IMAP account and works fine (thanks again for those steps).
I have a couple of follow-ups:

I did have to install the CallPilot Player to be able to listen to the ".vbk" files, not sure if there was another option.

How do I go about installing the CallPilot Address Book so I can forward VoiceMails to other CallPilot users ?

Where do I configure it (if possible) so messages forwarded to outside parties are converted to wave (".wav") files ?

Update:

The Mailbox is not showing new messages.

The MWI light on my phone is on, bur the "Inbox" IMAP folder in Outlook does not reflect the new message.

After closing and re-opening Outlook,
I received an Outlook message indicating:
"Failed to update headers"
Account: CallPilot
An IMAP command failed.
Protocol: IMAP
Server: 192.168.1.9 (IP address of my BCM)
Port: 143

Please advice.

Thanks !!

No I do not. I used to have a Nortel one, but did not really used it for a while and eventually stopped changing the requisite password every 60 days or so.

I also tried this, and I get the emails in my Outlook and can play the messages. But when I added the account to outlook as per your instructions, it never created a "Deleted Items" folder. How do I do that? Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back