Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot w/ Office 365 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kip Murray

Technical User
Feb 15, 2017
US
Hello everyone,

First off, this is my first post here. If this is posted in the wrong place, please forgive me now and let me know where it should go.

We are using CallPilot version 05.01, and the owner of my company would like me to get it running on his Windows 10 machine with Office 365. When I poked around Avaya's website, it looks like CP is not supported beyond Vista, or Office 2007. It is not likely that my company will pay to upgrade (even if there is an upgrade), so my questions are two fold.

1) Is the information above correct in regards to our version of CP not being supported on Win 10 or O365
2) Has anyone ever gotten it to work under the same circumstances. If so... how?

If any of this is vague, I apologize and am open to give any feedback you need.

TIA

I Think you may be referring to "My Call Pilot " which is a client that can run within the e-mail (Outlook) as a tab. We have it running on some Windows 10 machines, but Not Office 365 ~

Please try to provide additional detail , as I am only taking a "Guess

Capture_smr3sv.png

This is what we are using. I suppose it could be called "My Call Pilot", but I have never seen that on any of the software we've ever installed.
We are able to run this version of CP in all our other environments, Windows 10 w/ Office 2003, Vista w/ Office 2007, etc. Just not on any machine that we have O365 installed. But yes, you are correct, it does run within Outlook.

If "My Call Pilot" is another software resource from Avaya that will work, that may be the solution I am looking for.

thevoipster1 for the record which version/s of Outlook is it working on?

I was also thinking Unified Messaging like on the the other Callpilot platforms.
I would think 365 is not supported since not control over the server.

But does the PBX versions have Message Forwarding I wonder? or is that My Callpilot?

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Actually, we are on this Version : Outlook 2013 (15.0.4903.1000)

My Call Pilot and Call Pilot desktop messaging are the same thing, just a different Term

I am thinking that you can't load the application into the 365 Environment, but I would go to Microsoft and put this question towards them

Thank you, thevoipster1.

I did do that, according to MS they state the CP does not support past Vista or past Office2007. I find both of those hard to believe considering we have it running on Windows 10 and Office 2010. So, I find MS to not be such a great resource.

But I do appreciate your input. I have a support ticket in with Avaya to ask them the same question, but I have not heard back from them in a few days. Hence why I came here.

Kip,
What happens when you try to load the app?
I am not familiar with the 365 environment so I cant speak to that , but I think if you share the steps your taking to try to make it work, that might help to figure out how to resolve .

Yes, thank you for the question!

I am able to load (install) CP fine, I get no errors. But when I start Outlook, it crashes. When I reload Outlook it says that CP caused the program to crash and so it disabled the add-in. Whenever I click on the CP account in the left pane of Outlook, it gives an error that CP is not currently running. As soon as I enable the add-in again, Outlook stops working again.

I believe my boss set it up as an IMAP account as a work around, and I guess it seems to be working that way. The owner hasn't complained about it yet. Not entirely sure what my boss did to make it work... all I know is he said "IMAP account". Well, that doesn't really tell me anything.

CallPilot Desktop Messaging is not supported on Outlook from O365 (outlook 2016)...yet. May not now that Avaya file Chapter 11.

Desktop Messaging and My CallPilot is not the same thing. Desktop Messaging is a stand-alone client that's installed on the end-user PC and is integrated in Outlook as a plug-in. MyCallPilot is a web interface, allowing the user to use almost every web browser to access their CallPilot mailbox.

Your options are to continue doing what you're doing with the IMAP accounts or enable MyCallPilot.

You should use "Message Forwarding Rule" and set that up for the end user. Sends the file into your mail server as a .wav attachment. You may also want to consider setting up a seperate Mailbox Class of Service for users migrating to 0365/Win 10 that automatically deletes read and unread messages after X-number of days. Most users who use Message Forwarding Rule never return to their voicemail box to clean it out.

Read Receipts to extinguish the MWI (Message Wait Indicator) I've never seen work (although I'm sure it does just never had the patience to work with Server Team to get it set up. You may also want to disable MWI for migrated users.

Note you have to have Desktop Messaging Option for Mailbox's in order to use the Message Forwarding Rule.

In some sense I find it a better option for users who have over time all migrated to SmartPhones. They can then keep messages in their Email, forward to other users in a native non .vbk format or save to their PC or other media.

Message forwarding rule will also work for those with Fax Mailbox's....note you will loose the fax driver option to send fax's but majority of users used it for inbound. Can't recall but fax is delivered by a .tiff or some other standard image file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back