Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot Voice Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViperV12

IS-IT--Management
Mar 29, 2004
CA
See my other thread for background. I have a CallPilot menu that runs during night time (handset is pulled from attendand console). It presents you with 2 options, 2nd option is accessed by pressing #2 to be forwarded to the warehouse (Actually an analogue TN #4999 DN. This is not happening, if you dial 4999 it does ring out into the warehouse. So my question is this how/where do I go to check/verify that CallPilot is directing this call to the night DN(4999).

go into application builder and open the files and look for the correct menu

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

If you have Call Pilot 2.x, your admin client is via a web browser. However, to use Application Builder, you also have to have a small application loaded onto your pc. I can't remember the exact path or file name, but it can be found on the Call Pilot Application CD. Better yet, get the 68A pep -- it is the latest version of Application Builder. Now, if you have it loaded on your pc, you can launch the Application Builder link on the admin browser. Application Builder cannot be loaded on the Call Pilot server, so you do need to have it on your pc.

guys,

can i ask what is the reason why AppBuilder cannot be installed on the CP server? Nortel also advise me to do so but why?

i have a cp server with AppBuilder on it, and it is running okay.

cheers.

One reason: Nortel specifically documents, in the installation guide, that you should not install Application Builder on the Call Pilot server. This is their product, and they would know the software compatibilities and interactions, processor load, etc. If it is running okay for you, I would say you have been fortunate. I do know of other sites that have done this and were not as lucky. Plus, if you ever require Nortel support, this will be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back