Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot Virtual Mailbox 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinTMI

Technical User
Aug 29, 2006
I have a CP100 with a MICS 7.0. 8 Phones, but there are 9 Employees. Employee's 1 thru 8 have Mailboxes attached to their phone. Employee 9 needs a Mailbox as well. I want to create a "virtual Mailbox" say 400.. I want it to act as an extension in the CCR tree and once someone calls in and hits 1 for the company directory it will list the people at the extensions and then list "Graham" as say.. option 8 when you press 8 i want it to go straight to 400. is this possible on a CP, have never tried this before.

I did try to setup a new suscriber Mbox and put in 400 as extension and 400 as mbox number but that did not work i think i am missing something else.

Thank you in advance

-Justin

BUILD AN ACD AND POINT IT TO CP SDN NUMBER. SDN NUMBER IS THE NUMBER SOMEONE CALLS TO RETRIEVE VOICE MAIL. THIS SHOULD DO THE TRICK.

A phantom DN with FTR DCFW xxxx where xxxx stands for the voicemail entry should be sufficient to go to CallPilot.
Within CallPilot you should create an application which plays the menu choices and route the call to the voicemail box based on the choice made.

You guys should really look at what he has before you give replies. he has a Norstar and cannot build phantom Dn's, nor should he build an acd to point to this.

You should be able to build a guest mailbox that will work without a physical phone attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back