Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot vbk to wav for mobile device

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigfact

Programmer
Nov 5, 2003
US
I have a callpilot with unified messaging. I'm trying to allow users to listen to messages on their windows mobile device. I can setup a rule to forward all messages to their exchange mailbox but cannot play the vbk files on the windows mobile device. If we manually forward from outlook then the desktop messaging form will convert to .wav files which we can listen to on windows mobile but I have been unable to automate that.

Does anybody know of a vbk player for windows mobile or an automated way to get the message converted to .wav files?

Have you try'd changing the vbk to wav in the properties of the desktop messaging. Also did you create a VPIM shortcut.
Sounds like you have the proxy server set. The other thing you need to is enable the MFR from the desktop client, if you did that properly when you look in the mailbox under the e-mail it should be in enabled. I have found some older blackberries are not playing the files. But the newer are modles are working. The older black berries may need a patch we are still looking into that.
Ihope this helps

Callpilot is supposed to automatically convert vbk files to wav for non callpilot users, ie when you foward a fax outside of your domain but that is obviously not the case. We have problems with the desktop messaging client crashing 95% of our pcs so its forbidden to have installed.

I believe the conversion takes place in the desktop messaging software instead of on the callpilot server, but I don't have desktop messaging installed to verify. If you have desktop messaging installed can you try running wireshark and then fowarding a voice mail outside of your domain so it will convert to a wav and see if the software sent the server any flags or a special command to convert the vbk to wav on the server end or if not then that would cofirm that the software is doing the converting?

Sorry for all the postings, but I have some potentially good news. When I install the callpilot audio player there is a file located in C:\windows\system32\nmplayer.dll

You should be able to use that library, specifically use it to save a vbk file as a wav programatically. I found this in object browser:

void FileSaveAs(string bstrFileName, int lType, ref int plRC)
Member of NMPLAYERCONTROLLib.IPlayerControl

I have to leave for an hour or two, if you see this and get it working before I get back, if you could paste me the code you used?

Thanks much

I forgot to mention that I am using c# (VS2005). From what I can tell what this library does is control the callpilot player , but the player doesn't have to be visible there is a property to show it or not. I don't quite understand what ref int pIRC means, do you (or anyone else) have any idea?

Ok I lied, I understand how to use this now, but I don't have time to write an example. I'll post something that's usable on monday that should take care of your converting problem. Have a good one.

Did you get this working? This would solve my problems.

Sorry haven't had a chance to look at this again yet. It looks like it just needs to be passed a int on the 3rd argument but I'm not certain on the relevence of the 3rd arguement it asks for (ref int plRC). I will post something for you to use asap as I need this ability to convert vbks much myself.

Using 4.0 version. You can use "enable message forwarding" on each user, and forward to their extension AND forward to their email at the same time. You set it to forward in a WAV format rather than a VBK. This is done through the Call Pilot Manager software.

Guys.

How about Apple computers? Is there a way to get a VBX file to play on an Apple? I have a giant deal pending on weather or not we can play voicemails delivered to an Apple. Please help.

Anders45: what is the steps to set it up or can you give me a page number in the doc's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back