Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot User Timezone and SRGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

compmajor

MIS
Feb 12, 2006
US
Has anyone ever used the Times are displayed based on the... option to be User Timezone. The situation is that we have users on an SRG in Central timezone with the CallPilot off of a CS1000M Cabinet in the Eastern timezone. How in the heck do I get the Central timezone uses to have the timestamps of their voicemail to be Central? I have read CallPilot docs and all they refer to is having switches in different timezones. Well the users are on the switch in the Eastern timezone but physically located in Central. Surely, with IP phones all over the place now, somebody has seen this.

Quite simple when using IP phones, within the CS1000 under the IP Zone setting in LD 117 there a field for the time zone that those IP phones belong too.

In the TDM world, your time display on the phone is where ever the PBX is sitting.

The time on the phones is 5x5. No trouble there. It's the time stamps on voicemail. Say from Miami I leave a voicemail for someone in Chicago and it is 4:00 PM in Miami. When the Chicago humanoid listens to their voicemail, CallPilots Silicone Sally tells them the voicemail was left at 4:00 PM, not 3:00 PM Chicago time.

Now, in CallPilot Manager, under "User Details" of any user there is an option at the top called "Times are displayed based on the..." with a drop down next to it. The default is "Server Timezone". The other option is "User Timezone". Where in the heck do I set these user timezones (when I choose User Timezone and save it then go back into the user it's back to Server Timezone). Or, is it that I need to setup a new location wherein I can choose a different timezone. When I go to "Messaging", "Message Network Location" and highlight my local server, my "New Location" option is greyed out! Ugghh!

If your CallPilot server does not have NMS installed, you cannot add satellite switch locations to the local server.

If NMS is installed, the number of switch locations you can add is based on your keycode.

To determine how many switch locations you can add go to System, Server Setting, and set View Server Setting to Resources.

You'll need to add the remote location and select the time zone for that location.

You are right on the monye yyrkroon!

However,our keycode says we're good for 500 and using 1. When we got to add a New Location, our New Location button is greyed out! Ever seen this?

Look at this line here: Number of NMS Locations (including prime sites)

make sure that line has a number greater than 1.

Under System, Server Setting set to Resources, Number of NMS Locations (including prime sites) shows Description 500, Number Used 1.

We are banging our heads on the wall here! Thanks for all your help!

I just ran through the setup wizard out of desperation and under Network Message System it says No. So I get it now that we don't have it, but why does it tell me I have 500 in Server Resources?

That's the problem with how Nortel label things especially keycoded item. It leads you to believe that's what you really have when in reality, it really means what the CP can do if you were to max out the license.

Amen to that! They are very hard to partner with sometimes and this is only a fraction of why. Thanks for all your help on this. I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back