Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot remote redundancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike212

Technical User
Jul 8, 2005
US
Hello All,
I have this option 81 that has a CallPilot. Our company wants an identical PBX & CallPilot set up in a little remote office they have in another city. This remote CallPilot system will have one or two mailboxes on it for the part time users of this remote. In the event of a evacuation in Office "A", the firm wants to upload the entire callpilot database from this office "A" the the remote callpilot. In doing this, they know the existing one or two remote office mailboxes will be overwritten, and that is fine. We know we need the same size, release, and PEPS as the original system.

Our Nortel Technician says it cannot be done do to the serializing of each system with its software. The company finds this response to be either inaccurate,or unaceptable and wants me to further research into this possibility.

Can anyone please direct me to how this might possibly be accomplished? Thank you very much for any assistance you
can provide.

Mike

thought i responded to that? you need a better vendor, jmo.. test it to be sure, move the dongle and one hd to the far end and test it.. in case you didn't do the install, the dongle looks like a null modem on the serial port on the call pilot server.. same port a local printer would be plugged into... your tech might be right, but without a few test, i don't think so.. nortel tech support has told me several times that something can't be done, i've never agreed and have seldom been proven wronge.. can i create an image disk and restore it to another server, with call pilot the dongle must match, which means only one server can run that os at a time.. sorta of a real secure software lic agreement

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John

I think the Call Pilot SID needs to match the PBX SID. So both the PBX and Call Pilot ID's (Dongles/chips) need to be moved to the other location. A lenthy process for a back up contingency.

It's not about the fact if it can be done or not. If Nortel tells you it can't be done they WON't Support it if you have any issues....

Why not just replicate all the mailboxes at the standyby site and just give those 2 mailbox users a different DN that the people at the Hot site... Obviously people won't have access to their messages from the Hot Site however how many times do you actually evacuate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back