Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot proprietary WAV format?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2008
US
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has had issues with the WAV format that CP generates. A number of users are having issues playing the WAV files on PDA's and mobile devices? I am not sure if there are plugins for various devices (PalmOS, Blackberry etc.). We recently switched over from Cisco Unified messaging to Nortel (mostly because of budget constraints), and it seems that the wave files load but I am seeing "Incompatible format" errors. I'd blame the devices, but UM worked with wave files, so I dunno. I am looking for plugins etc.

Thanks in advance :)

You are sending the .wav and NOT the .vbk correct?

I assume you have the message forwarding rule config'd in mycallpilot for each user and you are converting to .wav before sending to email.

Oh yes the attachments are WAV before they are forwarded. It's annoying to have to leave all the PC's on for those who want them forwarded, Cisco UM did this directly from Exchange). They are simply not playing on all the mobile devices.

I think you have to convert the wav files to another format in order for CP to recognize it. I forgot what it was exactly.

Oh CP recognizes it, but some PDA's are saying that the WAV files CP generates are not standard WAV format.

Copasetic -- We assume that you are using Outlook rules to forward voice messages, as you mention that you must leave computers turned on in order to accomplish the forwarding. As Pronei pointed out, you can use MyCallPilot to establish message forwarding that uses a SMTP server that is configured in the Call Pilot configuration. As far as I know, this method doesn't use up a Desktop messaging license and also doesn't require Outlook to be up and running.
I've been using this method for a couple of years now, and it works great. Each forwarded message shows up on my Windows Mobile 6 phone's Outlook with the number of the party that left the message and the duration of the message in the subject line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back