Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot off-premise notification TEXT to cell phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryumaou

MIS
Dec 1, 2006
US
Hi!

In the CallPilot forum, I asked a question about the Off-Premise Notification features and it was suggested I try to get some more information here, so, here I am.
I'd like to be able to send a text message to my user's cell phones notifying them of new voice-mail, but the only way I can see to set that up is to setup the paging function, but that doesn't seem to work sending to a cell phone. Any idea where to look in the manuals to configure SMS notification? Or e-mail even? I can't seem to find either.

Just in case it makes a difference, we're using a Nortel BCM400 and our CallPilot software is version 37.00.95.22.

Thanks!
Jim (aka RyuMaou)

That feature isn't available on the BCM version of CallPilot - only on the "real" CallPilot in a CS1000 PBX.

Oh, well...
Any suggestions for a substitute that would get the job done? Or, even just a way to keep the CallPilot off-premise notification from leaving a voice-mail on my user's phones? They keep getting tangled up between the two systems, since the automated voices are hard to tell apart.

Thanks for the help!
Jim

Do you have CallPilot Desktop Messaging installed? If so try setting up an additional account in the users Outlook to access CallPilot Desktop Messaging by IMAP (see your instruction manual for how to do this). Then create an Outlook rule to forward messages received through this IMAP account to your user's cellphone as you would send an SMS message through Outlook. For example, to 1234567890@messaging.sprintpcs.com (for Sprint cellphones substituting users cell phone number for "1234567890"). You may need to set this email address up in an Outlook contact and set the property for this email address to send "text only".

Make sure you select the Outlook rule to "Forward message as an attachment". If you just select the rule to "forward it to people or distribution list" it won't send.

The three downsides of this solution that I have found are:
1) it marks CallPilot messages as read, so your handset no longer indicates that you have new voice mail
2) it truncates the subject line so that you get the caller ID name but only part of the phone number, and
3) the user has to have Outlook running on his desktop at all times for this to work because the rule will only set up as "this machine only"

Maybe someone on the forum can suggest a solution to these problems.

Some cells will say if you want to page this person press X.
Try inserting some pauses (F 76 this is a 1.5 second pause)
After the cells number then insert the X and some pauses and the MB number.This is what you had to do on the old voice mails to send pages to pagers and get the numbers thru.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back