Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot not working after reconfiguration

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpower

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2011
US
Folks,
I just installed a CallPilot 100 onto our pre-existing CICS system. I simply wired in the CallPilot ports A & B into existing extensions on the CICS and everything worked. The CallPilot booted, the A & B lights stayed lit and after connecting the CallPilot to my network, I was able to enter the admin configuration via 192.168.110.10

I then started playing with the configuration and I think I've broken something. Under the web configuration, I gave the CallPilot a new hostName and pointed it at my internal DNS servers and rebooted the CallPilot.

Now, I can't reach the CallPilot in any way. Both lights A & B light when the box is first plugged in but go out after about 10 seconds (they flash briefly in unison every minute or so after that), after booting, the three other lights to the right light up showing network activity for about 20 seconds and then they themselves go dark.

Trying any of the F983, F981 etc. codes on the phone system state 'inactive feature' so I don't think the CICS and CallPilot are talking anymore.

Finally, due to the age of serial ports, its hard for me to get a machine hooked up (in the basement) to debug this.

Does anyone know how I can maybe reset the CallPilot or know what might be causing my problem?

thanks in advance....

folks,
I wanted to give you all some more information:
1) I am using the 8v adapter so I don't think its a power issue like I've seen in most of the other posts...
2) using the connection thread at: I've attempted to connect to the device via serial cable but I only get garbage. I've changed the baud rates and terminal emulation settings with no success
3) If I go to maintenance->Port/DN status on the phone system and examine the two ports the CP is hooked into, they both show the device as STK1 (which I believe is correct) but they both show a state of 'not available'

Again, any help anyone can provide would me greatly appreciated...
I've left a machine hooked up via serial so if anyone can recommend different terminal settings to me, I'll give it a shot...

Can someone help? Again, using hyperterminal (windows XP) or putty, connecting over 9600, 8, N, with or without hardware control (which some forum accounts differ on) I get jibberish spit out to my screen. If I can even fix the serial port issue I'm confident I can fix the configuration.

Unplug the CP then do Feature XFTEST and remove the features, then plug in CP and see if it comes back.

Thanks for responding cook, I was starting to feel all alone ;-) I had already performed the XFTEST and removed all the features. There are none listed now even after a restart of the CP.

Folks, I solved my problem. My serial cable was bad. Once I managed to find a new cable (hard to find in stores anymore) I was able to connect to the device and see that it was not picking up its config properly. From there, I was able to manually reconfigure it and after a reboot, the CICS and CP synced.

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back