Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot not starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

fibereng

Technical User
May 28, 2004
US
We have a 2.02 system on an Option 81C that will not start up. the OS appears to boot and I get the window "Callpilot is booting" with MAS Trace going, but nothing in the MAS window for a long time, like 30 minutes. some services do not appear to be running and when I try to restart them, the window locks up. Called in a Maintenance ticket with our provider and they are clueless. Any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks.

If you have also Symposium, there is a special order to reboot Symposium and Call Pilot to get both working. Might not be related to you problem which seems more complex.

Claude
McGill Univ. Health Centre

Try to load the new PEP files to see if the system starts up or if nothing works do a complete reload OS and CallPilot Manager

your trying to start services so the server must be up.. run back through the install, and the config wizard.. check to be sure the drive has space.. i've seen a system that was backing up to the wronge drive and all the drive space was used.. GET A NEW VENDOR.. any vendor can fix that, unless they vend soda cans.. and buy an upgrade one a decade.. your management sounds like mine, save money, it's only the phone system, it always works.. i'd bet you don't have a server or even a pc that was upgraded last time in 96 or so

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thank you John, you hit it right on the money about the vendor. The fix was a corrupt log file. It took the ATT (oops, i mean vendor) tech calling a guy who called a Nortel guy to fix. 9 hours after the event and 1100 angry users later, the system was back up. One thing that really bothered me was that they kept telling me the C: drive was too full. It is a 1G drive and they told me I need at least 800M free. How is this even possible with the OS being more than 350M? The drive has 477M free now.

As for management, you are also right to a certain respect. we just upgraded to XP, and certain folks get new laptops every other year or constant new toys are purchased. But voice is taken for granted. Maybe it's a compliment that they do, with dial tone always being there. But Lord help me when a put $30K in the budget to upgrade from 2.02 to 4.0, if nothing else but to get off of NT which MS doesn't even support anymore.

But enough on the ranting. you have all been there.

In anycase, it is back up. Thank you for the three responses and for allowing me to vent.

we all need to vent, a vendor is only as good as the worst tech that shows up on an out of service call... when ghost of budgets past takes down the cp, the switchman looks bad.. management all got bonuses for saving money... we get ot and irate users

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

AT&T rides again.......Good thing they called their brothers cousins sister's boyfriend, who works on Nortels to fix for them...ha ha ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back