Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot Memory Leak after adding Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizug

Technical User
Apr 11, 2007
CA
We're currently using Callpilot 4.04.04.04. The other day (Wednesday) I added an application using App Builder, Monday our callpilot server was pinned at CPU 99% and remote notifications stopped working and finally Callpilot froze. Friday was a holiday so it's possible this was a problem since then, but not noticed until Monday. Rebooting does not resolve it. Two culprits seem to be nmaos.exe and dbsrv7.exe, which are running around 30% - 60% CPU. The only other change has been the DST update which was installed about a month ago and hasn't caused any problems. Although the old Daylight Savings Time would have changed this last weekend.

I've spoken to our Nortel tech and they believe it's database corruption and we need to re-image the Callpilot server. I'm very hessitant in doing this as restoring the database may have the same effects.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

If the server is on network check if did't do an autoupdate of Microsoft. changes on the OS cause the problem you describe.

Looks like the problem has been resolved. The problem wasn't database corruption as first thought, the problem was we had our Callpilot server as part of the domain. As soon as we re-imaged Callpilot and added it to the domain the problem returned. We removed it from the domain and all is well. Apprently there is documentation somewhere to this affect.

A lesson learned anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back