Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot LDAP search base

Status
Not open for further replies.

tataylor

IS-IT--Management
Jan 10, 2003
US
I have a new system and am working on setting up desktop messaging. I am running callpilot version 2.01 and the server is not in my domain. Domain DNS is configured so my network can use the FQDN of the callpilot server. Everything seems to be working except in outlook the CallPilot Address Book (server) is completely empty. It works fine as a local address book (download). I believe this is an LDAP issue. The default search base from installation was dc=nortel,dc=ca. I do not believe this is correct so I have tried numerous other search base strings related to my domain structure. However, the server address book is always empty. How do I figure out what the search base string actually needs to be? It also talks about being able to view the search base but I can not figure out how to do this either.

so if you leave a voice message the notification is NOT ending up in your Outlook (or whatever email system you are using)?

John

I am trying to send a voice message to another extension using the callpilot address book (server) that was incorporated into microsoft outlook when I installed unified messaging. However, there are no entries in this address book. If I change the configuration to use local copy of server address book I do see entries. I want to use it directly from the server so that changes made are dynamic to end users.

Ah, you know I have seen this before. You are forwarding a message from your call pilot folder, trying to go to another call pilot folder? If this is correct, I have never gotten this to work. I ususally just send to the regular outlook folder.

sorry i couldn't be more help, but I couldn't find any documentation that would help.

John

I have it working on my system. The LDAP directory search that I use looks like this. DC=pbsg,dc=com,dc=pvt,dc=net. The pbsg is the private search on your network along with the pvt. Try it and see if it works that way.

Gregdeike

Using the Call Pilot Server Wizard do you use this search???
Into the outlook, do you use also this search string ???

Javier

gregdeike,
Thanks for the reply. I do not understand the structure of your search string. I take it your LDAP server is not your CallPilot server. The best structure I could get from reading Nortel doco is addressbook=user,dc=nortel,dc=ca. This did not work. Let us say my server name is CP and my domain name is test.com. That give me a FQDN for the server of CP.test.com. I tried dc=com,dc=test,dc=CP as well as addressbook=user,dc=com,dc=test,dc=CP. These did not work either. Can you explain to me your structure?

janchundia,
I beleieve the answer would be yes to both. I know that both must match exactly or it will not work. I also believe that the search base to the most part comes from the FQDN. I just can not get it to work no matter what search strings I try. That is why I am curious on what gregdeike is using for an LDAP server and why his search has both net and com in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back