Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot flashing light (How to repair)

Status
Not open for further replies.

miekodamonkey

Technical User
Oct 17, 2008
US
Thank you in advance for your help.

Well one of my callpilot light (#1 port) started flashing and now its not booting up. Is it a hardware problem? If so what part can I replace to fix it?

under troubleshooting
scroll down to
CallPilot 100/150 does not function at all

Also verify that the digital station connected to port 1 is good by plugging it into a Norstar phone.

Brian Cox

I tried the troubleshooting but it didnt help much.
I checked the power supply that it gave an out of approximately 9V DC. and the sequence when I reboot the CP is. LED 1 & 2 solid green (about 10secs), then LED 1 & 2 OFF (about 40 secs), then LED 1 & 2 flashes alternately (for about 10 secs), then LED 1 & 2 off. But from here the led stays off. Usually with a working CP led 1 turns on. I have tried **XFtest and deleting all the F900s and rebooting, but still no luck. Any ideas to fix this problem?

Two things:
1- What is the s/w level?
@- Connect laptop w Hyperterm or Procomm, 9600,8,1,N, capture and post the boot sequence. Gotta know at what point bootup is failing. Also, those things are really particular about power. Even (seemingly) working 3-prong psp's are known to go bad.

The software is a 2.0.

Ill try laptop later today and give you guys an update.

Thank you!

I'm thinking either the power supply (is the current one a 2 or 3 prong?). If three, try replacing it. Also, could be software cartridge. I tried backing up a CP100 and after having to reboot, it would not come up. Put the flash card in my laptop and noticed an extra file in the root (it was actually called .bad). I deleted it and it came back up. Wouldn't suggest this if you don't know what the original files are, on the card.

Its a two prong and checked the DC output which was approximately 9V.

Thanks for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back