Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot Fax Application 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fineau

Programmer
Dec 12, 2006
US
How do I enter pauses into a dial string to then enter a long distance authcode. There is about a 8 second delay from the last digit to the authcode prompt which is being given by Qwest. The Callpilot fax application works great locally, but I can not get it to work on long distance fax numbers. I have used commas and have tried a # and then commas. Nothing is working for me. I now need to lean on your expertise and knowledge for any possible suggestions.

Thanks in advance!!

suggestion, change carrier's... if bars is built right, you should get auth tone in under .5 seconds.. to get a 2 second delay in your dial string you have to use the acod, then , for each 2 second delay...

you can not insert a delay post ac1 or 2 by design.. if your bars is built right you never need a delay..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

another point is if you build auth codes on the switch instead of having a carrier do it, you can clean those up a lot faster...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Not sure what is going on with MY callpilot 4.0 fax but we can receive faxes in our Outlook Callpilot inbox but cant send whatsoever.

Get NO error message it just poofs away but never goes anywhere and nothing in outbox or sent.

Any clues?

Andrea

Andrea, in these forums it's much better to start your own thread so you get notified on replies and everyone else can see it and decide if they have info to add. Initiate a callpilot trace and try to send a fax and then post that output into a new thread and these guys will probably get you fixed up right quick.

=======================================
"I am owed. I've never got paid. A dude with a pencil is worse than a cat with a machine gun" Bo Diddley R.I.P.
December 30, 1928 - June 02, 2008

You should have a Nortel program folder on the machine that has the nortel fax installed - CPTrace is one of the apps - just open it and then start a fax - the CPTrace window will fill up with all kinds of helpful info you can paste into a post here.

=======================================
"I am owed. I've never got paid. A dude with a pencil is worse than a cat with a machine gun" Bo Diddley R.I.P.
December 30, 1928 - June 02, 2008

well I started new thread. I will go over there and paste the CP trace...thank you!

Andre

John, thanks for the reply. I was pulling my hair out on this one. Unfortunately my customer has a locked in 5 year contract on all circuits. I will reset the dial string to include the ACOD and give it a try. Does the autodial key work the same way. ie: ACOD then LD number and a comma for 2 second delays?

Thanks again for the reply

Truly appreciated,

Fineau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back